Windows 10: can not get icons to pin to taskbar

Discus and support can not get icons to pin to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; updated google chrome, windows 10. Taskbar icons no longer work new ones will not pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oldladyOO, Aug 15, 2018.

1. oldladyOO Win User

can not get icons to pin to taskbar

updated google chrome, windows 10. Taskbar icons no longer work new ones will not pin

:)

oldladyOO, Aug 15, 2018

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts can not get icons to pin to taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 15, 2018
  4. can not get icons to pin to taskbar

pin multiple file explorer icons to taskbar

Hi Horie,

You will be able to view multiple pinned icons by scrolling down the taskbar on the computer desktop.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing similar issue on performing
      Pin to taskbar
      ?
    • Are the icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Check if similar issue persists on trying to pin the icons by right clicking on the file and selecting
    Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to pin file explorer icons on the computer in the same post
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

can not get icons to pin to taskbar

1. can not get icons to pin to taskbar - Similar Threads - icons pin taskbar

2. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  3. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  4. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  6. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  7. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  8. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  9. Pinning Battery Life Icon to Taskbar

Pinning Battery Life Icon to Taskbar: How do I pin the battery life icon back onto my taskbar. It vanished off of there, don't recall removing it. Tried searching in the settings, but haven't had any luck. Anyone know?...
  10. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...