Windows 10: Can not get to 2nd level support Rant/explanation + help

Discus and support Can not get to 2nd level support Rant/explanation + help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying for at least a month to get Anniversary edition to load. Dreading the Creator version. I am on 1511 Pro. I really hope some MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alternety, Mar 15, 2017.

1. alternety Win User

Can not get to 2nd level support Rant/explanation + help

I have been trying for at least a month to get Anniversary edition to load. Dreading the Creator version. I am on 1511 Pro. I really hope some MS people on this forum take the following seriously.

My system is an Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe MB. No odd devices. Latest available drivers. 1511 runs mostly OK. MS has tried around 10 times to update my machine to 1607. Failed each time with no useful information. With no apparent learning process. But it keeps screwing up what I have active when I put it to sleep for the night. Apparently no learning process after an attempted install. Wrong way to run a railroad. In addition, my machine no longer seems to believe it is a legitimate and activated copy of Win 10 Pro. Why; I have absolutely no idea.

I contacted customer support. Not a particularly obvious path (please, no "well if you just understood, comments; I am a civilian). We spent more than an hour working on the problem. I have to say here: I was talking to a woman in the Philippines. She spoke excellent English; as is required in any rational universe for a help contact for an English speaking customer (you know; the people who bought this and have so far put up with the crazy online support). Subsequent communication was with someone in India. How bad does this suck; let me count the ways,

She tried really hard. Did not care how long it took, as long as she could fix it. Serious kudos for this person and the environment that allowed her to do this. Really. A very rare customer support experience.

Eventually it was clear that the problem exceeded her level of expertise. And she was clear about this as well. No stupid waffling. I was impressed.

She provided a case number. So, we set up a time range to be contacted by level 2 support. This is where the process went to Hell.

I had an "appointment" for a call back "after 2". The actual situation was not actually clear ( soon after, days after, etc.). Not her problem; she was following the procedures.

Nothing! I spent the day staying at home with my phone (local, not cell) in my pocket and a headset on. This gets quite old.

I never got a call back.

After a couple of days, I took another shot at it. Going through the list of questions (reminiscent of "have you stopped beating your wife") I was put back into the moderately useful process. Short result: The higher level support is using my case number for my phone number. I have provided my phone number multiple time is the process. At no point was there any indication that the next level of support would use the case number for a telephone contact number. But that is what they seem to have done.

There is a really really serious need for MS to involve someone that understands the human interface and has the authority to fix this stupidly. Presumably they have the expertise; but not the will.

There is a REALLY SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE!! Case number is use for a phone number. And, of course, it does not work. Duhh!

End result of this post: how the Hell can I get this fixed?

:)

alternety, Mar 15, 2017

2. 2nd Level Support - Windows 10

Thanks for trying to help..

curtisjeffries, Mar 15, 2017
  3. 2nd Level Support - Windows 10

P.S. It is my opinion that this person just wanted to log a complaint after having a frustrating experience and doesn't really want anyone to try to help with the problem.

A_User_Here, Mar 15, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

This is a community forum, this is not supported by Microsoft or any of it's employees. We are a group of Windows users that volunteer our time to help solve your issues, if we can.
    You did not say what the Microsoft tech tried so, we may offer some of the same solutions.
    First, Go to Settings/Update and security and do all available Windows Updates.
    Once that is done, go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files. At the end, it will have one of three results. 1. it will say there were no Integrity Violations, this means nothing to fix. 2. It will say there were problems and they were fixed 3. it will say there were problems but it could not be fixed. Please tell us the results and how you got on.

spunk, Mar 15, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Like spunk stated, this is a Peer to Peer forum owned by a private party which has and the forum does not have anything to do with Microsoft. It has been suggested since the beginning of Windows that you keep backups of everything, keep an offline copy of all files, use a Clean instal of Windows not a upgrade. Also you can download a copy of the ISO from microsoft.com. If there are problems, yes you can lose everything. With an upgrade, you end up with a folder that is labeled windows.old that contains the old image if there is enough drive space.

bro67, Mar 15, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    I actually got reported as the owner of the fake Microsoft Help page on Facebook by the person that was running it when I was directing those with Windows 10 issues to come over here so that Microsoft third party employees and those running the fake pages on Facebook would not side track a help post.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not get to 2nd level support Rant/explanation + help - Similar Threads - 2nd level support

2. Can not get SUPPORT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not get SUPPORT: Just put in an endless loop of questions can't get to a chat person, can NOT get any help , just hours of circling!!! My case left me with a computer I can no longer log into - THANKS SO MUCH!! Case 1058107806 - can not login anymorefirst it was the MS store and now my laptop...
  3. I need help with explanation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with explanation.: I'm having trouble with something inside my home network. Just tell me where and what to look for. I can send you pretty much any log you need. Of it's something you have to study let me know and then we'll collaborate, but preferably it would be nice if you just knew what...
  4. I need help with explanation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with explanation.: I'm having trouble with something inside my home network. Just tell me where and what to look for. I can send you pretty much any log you need. Of it's something you have to study let me know and then we'll collaborate, but preferably it would be nice if you just knew what...
  5. Support CHAT in GET HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support CHAT in GET HELP: Having an issue accessing a Microsoft Account on a new machine. The specific issue not covered by any of the articles. Can't get a CHAT started; only gives me the COMMUNITY option...
  6. How Can Microsoft Get Away With This Appalling Level Of Support?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How Can Microsoft Get Away With This Appalling Level Of Support?: Almost 2 weeks ago I put in a Counterfeit Software report Counterfeit Report Number: L4B9-PZ5Q to Microsoft.Despite a further 2 contacts with Microsoft Support involving multiple promises of escalation, priority and action the report status is still sitting as 'submitted' and...
  7. How Can Microsoft Get Away With This Appalling Level Of Support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can Microsoft Get Away With This Appalling Level Of Support?: Almost 2 weeks ago I put in a Counterfeit Software report Counterfeit Report Number: L4B9-PZ5Q to Microsoft.Despite a further 2 contacts with Microsoft Support involving multiple promises of escalation, priority and action the report status is still sitting as 'submitted' and...
  8. How Can Microsoft Get Away With This Appalling Level Of Support?

9. Please help :((( (explanation below)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help :((( (explanation below): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/missshawnie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktgbr5/please_help_explanation_below/
  10. How do I get 2nd level Account support?

How do I get 2nd level Account support?: I have not been able to play purchased movies for a while. Happens on more than one device. I went through the help support option & it was no help at all. But advised to try the MS community for help. I did that & got a reply, that I needed 2nd level account support.....