Windows 10: can not hide app list in start menu

Discus and support can not hide app list in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pinakel, Jan 2, 2018.

1. pinakel Win User

can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

:)

pinakel, Jan 2, 2018
  2. RP Herts Win User

Start Menu personalisation - hiding the list of Apps.

Thanks Lawrence. I did but not my preferred format.

RP Herts, Jan 2, 2018
  3. RP Herts Win User
    Start Menu personalisation - hiding the list of Apps.

I really do not need or want a list of all my Apps on the left hand side of the Start Menu in the latest version (2016) of Windows 10. Can MS please give the user an option to hide, minimise or create a shortcut (like it use to be). I keep the Apps I access
    regularly on live tile display and those I occasionally need, open up by asking Cortana (although asking via voice recognition is limited as Cortana opens a web-page).

RP Herts, Jan 2, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

One possibility is that you're using Start in full screen mode.

There is registry setting, but is in binary mode and is used for other settings too…

tutorials | 66248-hide-show-app-list-start-menu-windows-10

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2018
  5. pinakel Win User
    I format the pc again. Then hide the app list, before installing any app/softwares

Thanks for your help

pinakel, Jan 8, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Hope it'll work from now on. Clean install is rather extreme measure...

If it's working now, may I suggest making System image with Macrium reflect free (or similar tool), so if anything goes wrong again, you can restore image instead of formatting your PC. It is much faster and you don't need to reinstall all your applications. Set it to automatically backup system once per week or so and you'll be safe.

Btw, thanks for posting back *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can not hide app list in start menu - Similar Threads - hide app list

2. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  3. Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  6. Hiding a specific app from start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding a specific app from start menu: Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu"...
  7. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  8. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  9. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home: My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start...
  10. Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped...