Windows 10: Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(

Discus and support Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, I am having a Windows installation problem on a new build. Using the Media Creation Tool, I created a DVD and a bootable USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by razam, Nov 14, 2015.

1. razam Win User

Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(

Hello TenForums,

I am having a Windows installation problem on a new build.

Using the Media Creation Tool, I created a DVD and a bootable USB (both with Windows 10 Home 64-bit).

In both cases, I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) during the installation process. The BSOD happens after the black and white “Loading files...” screen, and just after the Windows 10 symbol appears.

The error message is usually “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA”, but sometimes it is “MEMORY_MANAGEMENT”.

Some have pointed to faulty RAM as a possible cause. I did a memtest which did not find any problems. In addition, I installed Windows 10 Home 32-bit without any trouble and the system appears to be stable. Are the above good indications that my RAM is fine?

-------------------------------------------

The following are the new components in my build.

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K (BX80662I76700K)
    MB - MSI Z170A Krait Gaming (LGA 1151)
    RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 (F4-2400C15D-16GRR)
    SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" 250GB SATA III (MZ-75E250B/AM)

And I am reusing one component.

PSU - Thermaltake 430W (XP550 NP)

There's no discrete graphics card...yet.

-------------------------------------------

Questions
    1) How can I use the DM Log Collector Tool in my case?
    2) What do you think about the condition of my RAM?
    3) Windows 10 Home 32-bit works fine, but not 64-bit. What do you think about this?
    4) My 430W PSU is more than enough wattage according to “eXtreme Power Supply Calculator,” but it is an old part. Could my PSU be responsible for these BSOD errors? If so, why?
    5) Am I missing something? Please help!

I would be happy to provide more information.
    Thank you.

:)

razam, Nov 14, 2015
  2. ogilberry Win User

Windows 10 Multiple editions only installs 32 bit, not 64 bit

I got the Windows 10 multiple edition from Dreamspark that says has both 32/64 bit versions of windows pro and windows home. I finished my new build and installed windows with the installation media from a usb and everything worked perfectly, but I realised
    it was running a 32 bit version and not a 64 bit one. When it was installing I don't recall any options between a 32 and 64 bit version. How can I get the 64 bit version of windows 10 running on my computer?

ogilberry, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Reg upgrade of windows 10

Currently I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit version..

After upgrade to windows 10, which "Bit" version & which (home or professional) version will I get?

is it automatically It will install 64 bit? or 32 bit?

Thanks,

AK

Ankush Khandelwal, Nov 14, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Please Run Memtest86+

Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :( [​IMG]

Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    No, 32 bit only uses about 3.2GB of ram. It's a good possibility one or more memory modules is defective. Testing as essenbe described should tell you.

Another way to test is to remove half the ram and try the 64 bit install. If it works then some of the removed ram is faulty. If it doesn't work, swap ram and install one more time.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  6. razam Win User
    I tried essenbe's suggestion. I created the bootable USB using memtest86+ v6.2.0; the actual test was performed using v4.3.7. 10+ passes were performed over a period of nearly 19 hours and no errors were found.

I also took a picture of my BIOS hardware monitor. It shows that my CPU temperature is stable at 30 degrees Celsius. It also shows voltages, which I have listed below. Do these look right to you?

CPU Core - 1.296V
    CPU I/O - 0.960V
    CPU SA - 1.112V
    System (5V) - 5.160V
    System (12V) - 12.096V
    Internal GPU - 0.000V
    DRAM (1.2V) - 1.200V

In a separate test prior to the memtest, I used a newer 750W PSU from my other desktop to test this new build. Then I attempted the Windows 10 64-bit install. Unfortunately, I got the same BSOD at the same time/place as before.

Now I will try using one RAM stick at a time and post what I find.

razam, Nov 17, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    That's a different ram test than the one I linked to. Just try @Ztruker suggestions for now.

essenbe, Nov 17, 2015
  8. razam Win User

Sorry about that...

I tried testing the RAM sticks individually. In both cases, the 64-bit Windows install failed with the same bsod as before. Also in both cases, I was able to load 32-bit Windows.

Now I am running memtest86+ v5.0.1 and it is in pass 0.

razam, Nov 17, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Could your 64-bit media have problems? If it is DVD try creating a new. If it is USB format it and create it again. Download the ISO from here to make sure (careful: "English" is English US, "International English" is English GB)

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  10. razam Win User
    Here are the results of the memtest86+ v5.0.1. 8 complete passes were performed without any errors. The CPU temperature was ~45 degrees Celsius.

Also, I tried using different 64-bit boot media, including the one suggested by spapakons. But I ran into trouble each time.

Windows 10 Home 32-bit USB - Successfully installed
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit DVD - BSOD's (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area / Memory Management)
    New Windows 10 Home 64-bit DVD - BSOD's (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area / Memory Management)
    Windows XP 64-bit - BSOD's (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area / Memory Management)
    Ubuntu 14.0.3 64-bit DVD - Freezes during OS loading

Based on these results, can I assume that this problem is with a different component? Or could this be a hardware compatibility issue?

razam, Nov 18, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    Looks like some incompatibility when CPU running at native 64-bit mode, while has no issues running at 32-bit mode. I would try to update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version. If you already have the last BIOS, you might consider updating to the latest BETA version, which should be newer and could be more compatible. Careful to download the BIOS for your exact motherboard model and revision (see print or sticker on it) and to not interrupt the process, or your motherboard would not work anymore!

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Did you try removing half the memory then install as I mentioned earlier? If fails, swap memory and try again.

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2015
  13. razam Win User

Thanks to everyone for your help. Updating my BIOS did the trick.

razam, Nov 19, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    That's what I though. Old BIOS can ruin the day...

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  15. razam Win User
    Umm, I know that it has been a LONG time...I solved this issue back in Sept 2015. The solution was to UPDATE the BIOS! Thanks spapakons!

razam, May 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :( - Similar Threads - install bit version

2. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  3. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  4. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 home 64 bits

Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  6. Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?: I am trying to create a dual-boot system with my iMac. I need Windows in order to be employed part-time (for peanuts) because it is remote work and their platform requires Windows. I am not sure if I will even get the job. I am not sure I will like it if I get it. Is there a...
  7. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  8. Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system: Hi - I have several HVAC training videos that will only run on a 32 bit operating system. When I try to install them on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit it gives me an error message telling me that the program can't run on this PC. I have tried running them via Compatibility Moderun...
  9. windows 10 64 bit version

windows 10 64 bit version: since the latest updates as from 07 01 2020 the keyboards and mouse are frozen or stuck until I hit the windows key or others. have deleted one update and now held them off for a few days. it also sticks when typing...
  10. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...