Windows 10: Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I enter the username and password the log in won't go through. I don't get an error message that the login failed, it just goes back to the page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Buddy Kidd, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

When I enter the username and password the log in won't go through. I don't get an error message that the login failed, it just goes back to the page as if the login didn't happen. This is happening for all the web sites I have tried.

When I use Firefox I can log on just fine.

:)

Buddy Kidd, Nov 6, 2015
  2. Loc2016 Win User

Blocking URL for Child Account not working in IE

I have blocked the URL in the Family account section where you can set web browsing sites. Then, I tested by logging into the child's account and the site was blocked using Microsoft Edge as expected, but the site is not block when I use Internet Explorer

Loc2016, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Unable to sign into a specific web site using windows edge (Windows 10)

Starting recently, I am unable to sign into the WSJ.com web site (Wall Street Journal web site which is subscription based). I am on a Surface Pro 3 using Windows 10 (all updates have been made) and MS Edge. I can log into the WSJ.com web site with Chrome
    as well as Firefox on this same Surface Pro 3 computer and I can log in successfully on other devices (Surface Pro 4 and Surface 3), but unable to log into WSJ.com on the Surface Pro 3. I can log into all other sites on this same computer.

I have reset all browser settings (through Edge Settings) and have reset the Edge browser using a script through Power Shell, which I am told resets the browser in total. However, still unable to log into that one site. The WSJ says it is not aware of
    any issues as I describe.

When I attempt to log in, it doesn't give a error but simply returns me to the main page of the site and wants me to log in to access. In the past, I have been able to log in successfully to WSJ.com on the computer in question.

I don't quite know what to do next.

mmiller5000, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

1. Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - log web sites

2. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  3. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  4. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. Cannot log on to a specific web site

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log on to a specific web site: Hi: I use edge and I cannot log on to my account at Vanguard Financial. If I use Internet Explorer then it works just fine. This is what happens. I go to the Vanguard web site and their start page comes up. I enter my user and password information and the phone rings...
  7. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  8. Logging Out of Web Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging Out of Web Site: I was once told that for security purposes, one should always click on the "logout" button on a web site before closing the internet page (i.e. on a banking site or medical site). I was told that this reduces the chance of someone gaining access to the site (versus just...
  9. Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device: We have talked often about our focus on building a browser that is interoperable with the modern web, and we’re excited to see great results as Windows 10 rolls out – now used on over 110 million devices. An interoperable web also depends on developers, so npm recently...
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...