Windows 10: Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

Discus and support Can not log on. Says password is incorrect. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bev_12345, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Bev_12345 Win User

Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password.

:)

Bev_12345, Aug 7, 2018

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

Windows 10 password incorrect! password changed automatically!?

• Are you trying to log in using your Microsoft account?
    • No.
    • Have you tried resetting your password?
    • Yes I did, but of course it asks for my old password which when I enter it says it's incorrect. I also tried setting a PIN but again it asks for my password.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

samibakhsh, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

1. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect. - Similar Threads - log Says password

2. I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not: I’ve tryed everything I’ve reset my password still says it’s wrong I’ve used the on screen keaboard still said it was wrong I’ve restarted multiple time I’ve did the shift restart thing that didn’t work...
  3. Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...: Hello, As the subject entails, I am trying to log into an old Windows RT Surface to extract the old photos inside but it is not accepting my password. The error messages goes along the lines of saying it is incorrect, I must use my Microsoft live account, and how I can reset...
  4. Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...: Hello, As the subject entails, I am trying to log into an old Windows RT Surface to extract the old photos inside but it is not accepting my password. The error messages goes along the lines of saying it is incorrect, I must use my Microsoft live account, and how I can reset...
  5. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  6. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.: Hello. Hoping someone can help with this. I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to use my computer it said my password was incorrect. I can not get past the log in screen. It states that my password is...
  7. Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled: I updated windows last night. Now whenever i turn on the computer I get my picture, my name and an error that says ‘the password is incorrect. Try again’ It is a local user that has never had a password enabled on it. It doesnt allow me to enter a password either. I just...
  8. Safe mode says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode says incorrect password: I boosted minimal safe mode with msconfig, but now it doesnt accept my password. I tried every password, but none works. I even tried resetting my password on web and also safe mode with networking, but still didnt work. But, one password makes the computer say like "Welcome"...
  9. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  10. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works: Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 Alex account password is incorrect. with Alex