Windows 10: Can not make a new password

Discus and support Can not make a new password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN.I selected "I forgot my PIN" but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adrienne 1, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Can not make a new password

I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN.I selected "I forgot my PIN" but it does not work.

:)

Adrienne 1, Apr 21, 2024

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

Can not make a new password

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

Thema:

Can not make a new password

1. Can not make a new password - Similar Threads - password

2. Stuck in Recovery Environment; password is not being accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Recovery Environment; password is not being accepted: I just wanted to do a quick update + restart to my desktop PC today but when I did I got stuck in the recovery environment. It seems I'm stuck in it and can't get back to my normal Windows I tried launching in safe mode too.Possible causes?Windows update problemI installed...
  3. Stuck in Recovery Environment; password is not being accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Recovery Environment; password is not being accepted: I just wanted to do a quick update + restart to my desktop PC today but when I did I got stuck in the recovery environment. It seems I'm stuck in it and can't get back to my normal Windows I tried launching in safe mode too.Possible causes?Windows update problemI installed...
  4. Stuck in Recovery Environment; password is not being accepted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KEY BOARD NOT DETECTED L & O KEYS NOT WORKING DURING PASSWORD LOG IN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEY BOARD NOT DETECTED L & O KEYS NOT WORKING DURING PASSWORD LOG IN: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 and every time I start up my laptop it emits sound and a message on screen appear that says, "Keyboard not detected" and that the letter L and O keys are not functioning every time I enter password to log in, but those letters are functioning once I...
  6. KEY BOARD NOT DETECTED L & O KEYS NOT WORKING DURING PASSWORD LOG IN

KEY BOARD NOT DETECTED L & O KEYS NOT WORKING DURING PASSWORD LOG IN: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 and every time I start up my laptop it emits sound and a message on screen appear that says, "Keyboard not detected" and that the letter L and O keys are not functioning every time I enter password to log in, but those letters are functioning once I...
  7. Can the same password reset disk work more than once / an infinite number of times?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can the same password reset disk work more than once / an infinite number of times?: Lets say i make a password reset diskwill i manage to use that same disk to reset my password an infinite number of timesor do i have to make another password reset disk after using the previous one?...
  8. Can the same password reset disk work more than once / an infinite number of times?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the same password reset disk work more than once / an infinite number of times?: Lets say i make a password reset diskwill i manage to use that same disk to reset my password an infinite number of timesor do i have to make another password reset disk after using the previous one?...
  9. Can the same password reset disk work more than once / an infinite number of times?

10. I am stuck in the login screen, but cannot even get to the "enter password" screen. stuck...

I am stuck in the login screen, but cannot even get to the "enter password" screen. stuck...: I am okay with resettting windows, but I do not know how to get to the windows RE environment because i have no button to restart from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-stuck-in-the-login-screen-but-cannot-even-get/b6a1ccf5-4ce4-47a7-a129-7c2aaeaba608