Windows 10: Can not open gpedit.msc with administrator in window 10

Discus and support Can not open gpedit.msc with administrator in window 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; in dell notebook bought from dell official site but china handle orders i set gpedit only allow applications only for mmc and gpedit and notepad... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 2AI, Aug 24, 2018.

1. 2AI
    2AI Win User

Can not open gpedit.msc with administrator in window 10

in dell notebook bought from dell official site

but china handle orders

i set gpedit only allow applications only for mmc and gpedit and notepad

and then i disable this setting and set not configured

but all files can not open and return restricted

then i use gpedit.msc with administrator

though no pop up messages , it can not be opened

:)

2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
  4. tcebob Win User

Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

Can not open gpedit.msc with administrator in window 10 [​IMG]

tcebob, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not open gpedit.msc with administrator in window 10 - Similar Threads - open gpedit msc

2. GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If GPEDIT or Local Group Policy Editor does not show Administrative Templates on Windows 11/10 PC, here is how you can fix the issue. There could be several reasons, including corrupt or missing system files, a bug or glitch, etc. Here, we have gathered some of the...
  3. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player: I recently needed to reboot a service on my computer and found that I am not able to open services.msc because it's defaulted to open under Windows Media Player.I tried to reset the default app to open the .msc file type but couldn't figure out how, or what app to set it to...
  4. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  5. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  6. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. gpedit windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit windows 10 pro: Administrator templates are missing from gpedit for Windows 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-windows-10-pro/a633cbf4-ef12-40da-b828-36a4c6f3fe53
  8. GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing: I am missing some items in the Local Group Policy editor gpedit.msc &secpol.msc also missing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-administrative-templates-missing/fe6cb113-d8bb-44be-b7e3-3921bc683d99
  9. Administrative Templates disappeared from gpedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Templates disappeared from gpedit: So I added gpedit to my windows 10 home OS Version 1909 with no problems it worked perfectly and I did what I needed to do but recently ever since I updated to version 2004 the Administrative Templates have completely disappeared and if I click on any folder it says "MMC...
  10. gpedit as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    gpedit as administrator: Hi, I want to run gpedit as administrator. When I type gpedit into search and right click on gpedit I am not offered an option to run as admin. I am the only user and administrator on this PC. Any ideas? Thanks 110097
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open gpedit.msc because of administrator