Windows 10: Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

Discus and support Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Silcri, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Silcri Win User

Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol on my mouse and takes file back to its position on the desktop. It just randomly disappeared from my taskbar and was left on my desktop one day when I was logging in, and I can't get it back on the taskbar.

:)

Silcri, Nov 10, 2015

2. Lost the edge button. Now I have no internet.

Microsoft Edge can be launched by running the following command from Run dialog (WinKey + R)

microsoft-edge:

If Edge opens correctly, right-click Edge's Taskbar icon and click Pin to taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 10, 2015
  3. I can't pin my Microsoft Edge to the Taskbar.

I have recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 and accidently I unpinned microsoft edge browser from the taskbar. When I right click on the microsoft edge there is no option as stated"Pin to taskbar". And this problem is only with microsoft edge. other apps
    can be easily pinned. So please tell me what to do?

Ayush Joshi, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 10, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Did you go to Start screen and tried it there ?
    I think by default, Edge tile is on the start screen > right click at it > click Pin to taskbar

Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 10, 2015
  6. Silcri Win User
    That's odd. When I tried that before I posted the thread, it didn't work. But now when I tried it after looking at your review, it works. Well, atleast I have it now *Biggrin

Silcri, Nov 14, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Another mystery of Windows 10.
    *Smile

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar - Similar Threads - pin Microsoft Edge

2. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  3. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  4. Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge: When I open Microsoft Edge, the item that appears on the taskbar is a file. I cannot pin it and it is extremely annoying. When I tried to scan for corruptions or missing files, I cannot access the Command Prompt admin. What can i do to fix this issue? [Original Title:...
  5. Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.: Hello, my computer forced me to update today and when i opened it it decided to bring up Edge n it wouldn't leave until i closed it with task manager. Then unpinned it but there was a space still there. and sure enough, when i right click that "free" space Microsoft edge is...
  6. Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.

Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.: Hi everyone! I would like to ask why is Microsoft Edge opening another window instead of stacking up in the pinned program in the taskbar? Whenever I start-up Edge, instead of opening on the pinned icon on the taskbar, it opens another one right next to the other icons. It...
  7. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  8. can not get icons to pin to taskbar

can not get icons to pin to taskbar: updated google chrome, windows 10. Taskbar icons no longer work new ones will not pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/can-not-get-icons-to-pin-to-taskbar/29941795-5ede-44e3-9e36-c2f1e18cea04
  9. How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?: When I right-click the Microsft Edge icon on either the Desktop or the Start Menu, I do not get the option to pin to the Taskbar, only the option to pin to Start Menu. Also, dragging the icon to the task bar gives an error symbol and does not work. However, other applications...
  10. Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant pin edge to task bar

2. cant pin edge to taskbar windows 10

3. cant pin edge to taskbar

4. cant pin microsoft edge to taskbar