Windows 10: Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. Initially I saw tiles, but now I have not seen them since? How do I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DaveJW, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DaveJW Win User

Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro?

I have just installed the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. Initially I saw tiles, but now I have not seen them since? How do I get to see/use the tiles and quickly switch between win 7 mode and win 10 mode with tiles? see pic

Also, the 'Help and Support' function which was on Windows 7 no longer works, just comes up with - (see pic)

Thanks

Dave

:)

DaveJW, Sep 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Tiles

Most of the Tiles on my newly downloaded Windows 10 are OK. However nothing happens when I click on the Mail tile nor the Calender tile. There is also not the ability to pin to taskbar when I right click

Pugsie1961, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Tiles

Thomas Dixon 879, Sep 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Did you install ClassicShell?

Actually a couple of systems I updated to 10 ended up with a Start Menu like yours. It depends on what you had installed before.

Try pressing Windows button +Shift, see if that makes the Win10 start menu come up. Also, it appears you have an old version of ClassicShell, cos originally it gave that exact error when you tried to open "Apps" (Those are your Modern apps). -Update it, and it will work.

yah I think you have a 3rd party Shell, see where it says "Modern Apps"? Those are your Tiles. Try Windows button + Shift.

You either have ClassicShell or something like Start8.

PS: Your "Help and Support" is a dummy link that should open a page in Edge.

Here is how mine looks, you definitely have a 3rd party Start Menu. Can you post a pic of your actual start button?

Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? [​IMG]

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - tiles newly install

2. Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews: Is there anyway to fix this? I work with a lot of these files and having the ability to preview would help immensly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-can-not-see-mp4-previews/2a829278-de48-4649-acfb-aba811c99bac
  3. Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews: Is there anyway to fix this? I work with a lot of these files and having the ability to preview would help immensly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-can-not-see-mp4-previews/2a829278-de48-4649-acfb-aba811c99bac
  4. Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer?: Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer? My very old Dell Laptop glitches every once in a while. So far I have kept it running. Replaced the hard drive with a solid-state one several years ago. I want to buy a new laptop and install Win 7 Pro as my OS....
  5. Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer?: Can Windows 7 Pro be installed on a newly manufactured computer? My very old Dell Laptop glitches every once in a while. So far I have kept it running. Replaced the hard drive with a solid-state one several years ago. I want to buy a new laptop and install Win 7 Pro as my OS....
  6. Kmode Exception Not Handled Newly Installed Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode Exception Not Handled Newly Installed Windows 10 Pro: CPU: i5 2nd GenRAM: 8x2 Skihotar 1600 GPU: GeForce GT 720 2GbMobo: Intel Desktop Board 02Drive: Kingston 120 GBHello everyone! It's my first time asking a question here and i badly need help. I just installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my PC but after a few minutes I got BSOD:...
  7. Kmode Exception Not Handled Newly Installed Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kmode Exception Not Handled Newly Installed Windows 10 Pro: CPU: i5 2nd GenRAM: 8x2 Skihotar 1600 GPU: GeForce GT 720 2GbMobo: Intel Desktop Board 02Drive: Kingston 120 GBHello everyone! It's my first time asking a question here and i badly need help. I just installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my PC but after a few minutes I got BSOD:...
  8. Kmode Exception Not Handled Newly Installed Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. windows update newly installed windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update newly installed windows 10 pro: Just installed windows 10 pro version 1511, got updated but only for version 1511, no updates for newer versionrun sfc /scannow, no errorsdrive c: has ample disk storageit does not download updates for newer version, looks like got stuck with version 1511Your help will be...
  10. Windows 10 newly installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 newly installed: Thank you for accepting me to this forum. When I purchased my new PC and had upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1, I was strongly advised to make a back up on data stick. I have searched loads of instructions on the net but cannot figure it out. I am fairly computer literate on Office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not see tiles