Windows 10: Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. Initially I saw tiles, but now I have not seen them since? How do I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DaveJW, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DaveJW Win User

Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro?

I have just installed the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. Initially I saw tiles, but now I have not seen them since? How do I get to see/use the tiles and quickly switch between win 7 mode and win 10 mode with tiles? see pic

Also, the 'Help and Support' function which was on Windows 7 no longer works, just comes up with - (see pic)

Thanks

Dave

:)

DaveJW, Sep 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Tiles

Most of the Tiles on my newly downloaded Windows 10 are OK. However nothing happens when I click on the Mail tile nor the Calender tile. There is also not the ability to pin to taskbar when I right click

Pugsie1961, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Tiles

Thomas Dixon 879, Sep 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Did you install ClassicShell?

Actually a couple of systems I updated to 10 ended up with a Start Menu like yours. It depends on what you had installed before.

Try pressing Windows button +Shift, see if that makes the Win10 start menu come up. Also, it appears you have an old version of ClassicShell, cos originally it gave that exact error when you tried to open "Apps" (Those are your Modern apps). -Update it, and it will work.

yah I think you have a 3rd party Shell, see where it says "Modern Apps"? Those are your Tiles. Try Windows button + Shift.

You either have ClassicShell or something like Start8.

PS: Your "Help and Support" is a dummy link that should open a page in Edge.

Here is how mine looks, you definitely have a 3rd party Start Menu. Can you post a pic of your actual start button?

Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? [​IMG]

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Can not see any tiles in newly install windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - tiles newly install

2. Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives: I just got a new Windows 10 Machine and trying to connect to a Server 2012 R2 - file server. I can ping the server, but I can not see it in the network nor it's shared drives. The funny thing is I have other Windows 10 machine that have mapped drives to the server and...
  3. windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 home can't see windows 7 computer, but windows 10 Pro can: I recently added a Windows 7 computer to my home network running Windows 7 Pro. My Windows 10 Pro computer can see and access files on the new computer, but my Windows 10 Home computer can not. The new computer shows up in the network, but when I click on it I receive a...
  4. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...
  5. Failure to boot into newly installed Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to boot into newly installed Windows 10.: I am using a usb drive to install windows 10 onto my new firecuda sshd. I have tries multiple times but what happens is I can get windows to install onto the drive, but then once the installation finishes, it restarts and does not boot to windows, only the bios. I have...
  6. Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD: I have a windows 10 computer that has been having problems for a while. The computer crashes and shows the blue screen of death with different stop codes. I checked all hardware to be sure that it was not a hardware problem, and then reinstalled windows 10 from scratch but...
  7. Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10: Hi, Recently I purchased and installed a brand new Samsung 960 EVO (500GB) SSD, but have been having problems with it. I've been getting regular freezes and crashes (and by regular, I mean at least every 5 minutes, happens especially during gaming). I'll get all sorts of...
  8. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  9. I cant click on any newly installed programs in windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant click on any newly installed programs in windows 10 start menu: Been through half a dozen windows 10 installs trying to get it right! Im not sure at what point this happened as everything in there from hours/days ago works fine. I just installed GIMP2 as im working on fixing my busted iphone icons in devices & printers and I tried...
  10. Windows 10 newly installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 newly installed: Thank you for accepting me to this forum. When I purchased my new PC and had upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1, I was strongly advised to make a back up on data stick. I have searched loads of instructions on the net but cannot figure it out. I am fairly computer literate on Office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not see tiles