Windows 10: can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

Discus and support can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 0n june 24th I bought dell XPS 9560 laptop from microsoft store in US. my operating system is Windows 10 Home Updated version : 1804. i heard that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tahmid alam fahim, Jul 13, 2018.

1. can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

0n june 24th I bought dell XPS 9560 laptop from microsoft store in US. my operating system is Windows 10 Home Updated version : 1804.

i heard that this updated version fixes HDR mode in windows 10 . and also I heard the the processor which is in my laptop intel 7700HQ also support 10-bit video decoding . but i can not turn on 10-bit video decoding in my device . the requirement that you have given in your website for enabling HDR videos streaming and playback :

1. system update to 1804

2.,minimum brightness of 300nits (dell xps 15 9570 has approximately maximum 350nits)

3. Enable10-bit video decoding

I fullfilled your first two requirements but I cannot turn on from 8-bit video decoding to10-bit video decoding for enabling HDR mode .

So what I suppose to do ?

I trned on the HDR stream playback form setting but could not see any kinds of improvement in youtube playblack

:)

tahmid alam fahim, Jul 13, 2018

2. HDR settings won't turn on

Hi,

You may play a streaming high range video when our Windows 10 device has a display that's optimized for HDR video. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Were there any changes or updates installed on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

In the meantime, you may check this
    link
    for more information about what you need to play HDR video in Windows 10.

Feel free to post back, and we'll assist you further.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 13, 2018
  3. skum-cat Win User
    HDR mode and color profiles

Hello

I have a calibrated ICC profile for normal sRGB mode. When i switch to HDR mode, it still using the calibrated profile, and giving weird colors and white balance.

I have tried to add a Rec.2020 HDR profile to ICC-profile (Advance color) list in color management. But I can´t use it at standard colors in HDR mode. Nothing happens when i try to applied it.

So to be clear:

In normal mode I want to use calibrated icc profile for sRGB.

And in HDR mode, using the standard REC.2020 icc profile.

skum-cat, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Kris Ver Win User

can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

intel UHD graphics no HDR

Hi,

We appreciate your efforts in providing details about your concern. To turn on HDR and advanced color
    settings in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Display .
    • Turn on HDR and advanced color.
    • Select HDR and advanced color settings to view the color settings for your HDR display.

The HDR and advanced color settings page shows the color properties for your HDR display—including the wide format resolution, refresh rate, color bit depth, and color format.

Here's an
    article
    for more information about HDR and advanced color settings in Windows 10.

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

1. can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode - Similar Threads - turn bit video

2. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. Video decoding stops in video players when resized

Video decoding stops in video players when resized: So here's the issue and what I've done to try to fix itand failed. Issue: In multiple video players, possibly unimportant, but they are UWPACG Player, and Windows Medias Playerthe new official windows 11 uwp version, but not all UWP players have this issue. When watching any...
  5. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  6. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  7. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

8. Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.: I don't know if that feature is missing from the N version or something else. When I click the button both screens go black for a sec then I see that the option is still turned off. (Tried with regedit too) From the 3 things that say your display supports HDR in the same...
  9. HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR Youtube video turns black at random times: I have HDR on a HDR capable display (idk if its the right term, it's just hdr that my monitor can handle) and It's set through window's 10's windows. when I open a video on youtube as soon as I fullscreen it, it turns black for a few seconds and whenever I press somewhere...
  10. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10-bit video decoding

2. codecs for 10-bit video decoding

3. 10-bit video decoding for HDR video codecs.

4. how to get a 10-bit video decoding for HDR video codecs,
  5. install codec for 10-bit video decoding,
  6. 10-bit video decoding for hdr video codecs,
  7. 10-bit video decoding codec windows 10