Windows 10: Can not turn on Windows Defender..

Discus and support Can not turn on Windows Defender.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Gang, I am on Windows 10 Home version. this is a 2 week old install of Windows 10.. I am all uipto date with my drivers besides my Video card... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JLAF5150, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JLAF5150 Win User

Can not turn on Windows Defender..

Hi Gang,

I am on Windows 10 Home version. this is a 2 week old install of Windows 10.. I am all uipto date with my drivers besides my Video card drivers..

I installed Kaspersky AV and then I uninstalled it with Control Panel add remove. I am know unable to turn on Windows Defender..

I tried using Kasperskys removal tool which said it removed some but I still can not turn on Windows Defender..

When I go there with Settings/Update and Security all the options are Greyed out.. I tried contacting Kaspersky help line but they are blaming it on a Microsoft issue as usual so no help there..

I am unsure what else to try I googled a few things but none of it worked.. So I hope the experts here can help me as I have no where else to turn too..

:)

JLAF5150, Apr 27, 2017

2. Can not turn on Windows Defender on Windows 10, the service couldn't be started error code 0x800700aa

NO I didn`t

Michael Obijuru, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Can not turn on Windows Defender on Windows 10, the service couldn't be started error code 0x800700aa

I also have same problem with same screens showing code error 0x8007041d . Restart doesn't change anything. Problems started after updates on KB4041676 which failed to install. Also had updates same time Adobe Flash and Shockwave. Have finally gotten
    KB4041676 to install. New windows defender update refuses to install. I have checked for any other antivirus and nothing shows up. I do not know how to solve this. Can you help?

ArleneCrapse, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. torre Win User
    - Check your registry and manually remove possible Kaspersky leftover keys (Windows key + R) regedit

- Try System Restore

torre, Apr 28, 2017
  6. JLAF5150 Win User
    Bree those seemed to be on in the registry..

torre there is only 2 and they are too recent to go back on a restore point so that is not an option.. I did not see any Kaspersky entries in registry either.. *Sad

What is really annoying is Windows keeps telling me they are off but trying to turn them on has no effect..

JLAF5150, Apr 28, 2017
  7. torre Win User
    Random ideas:

- Check with Bree about your findings

- https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html

Run Revo and do a forced uinstall to try to find Kaspersky leftover entries

- Reinstall Kaspersky and uninstall using only the Kaspersky Removal Tool.

- At last resort, Reset Win10

torre, Apr 28, 2017
  8. JLAF5150 Win User

this sucks as I may have to reset windows now Arghhhh!!

JLAF5150, Apr 28, 2017
  9. Download this and run it as admin, Windows will restart afterwards.

TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
  11. Maybe even sfc /scannow?

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not turn on Windows Defender.. - Similar Threads - turn Defender

2. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  3. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  4. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  5. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  6. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  8. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  9. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  10. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store wont install apps and defender firewall wont turn