Windows 10: Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

Discus and support Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mehulwr mehulwr, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?

:)

mehulwr mehulwr, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Burgurne Win User

Reactivating Win10 info from MS - but is it OEM or RETAIL?

Greetings.
    After reading this info from Microsoft, I'm unsure if my RETAIL Windows 10 Pro can be used next time I build a gamer-PC.
    I bought a Win8 Pro RETAIL when it was new, and this is the licens I have upgrated to Windows 10. This info from Microsoft explain how to reactivate after change of motherboard or other big hw. But I can't guess if this is about OEM or RETAIL licens *Redface My PC is at the moment activated with a digital license and a connected Microsoft account.

Microsoft's info: https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/...ardware-change

Does anybody know what to do, when I next time buy new motherboard, CPU, Graphic card and SSD, and then want to install my RETAIL Windows 10 Pro?

Burgurne, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 11, 2023
  4. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

Windows Xp Full and Windows XP Full OEM...What is the difference?

You can buy OEM copies of Windows from any retailer without needing hardware to come with it. In this case, you're the system builder, even if you're building it for yourself. When you buy a prebuilt system from a system integrator, like Dell, HP, Gateway, etc., the Windows that comes preinstalled is bound to that hardware.

If you sell your OEM copy of Windows to someone, you're supposed to include a primary piece of original hardware.

50-100 times is not realistic. With a retail copy, you can reactivate over the Internet several times before you have to call Microsoft to get a new activation number. With OEM copies, you can usually schmooze them into letting you reactivate, even on different hardware, but according to the EULA, you're not supposed to.

GJSNeptune, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

1. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there? - Similar Threads - oem reactivated same

2. Can not reactivate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reactivate Windows: Recently, I purchased a refurbished laptop that was sold by a trusted seller. But I noticed that Windows cannot be activated, as it states the product key in the system is not valid and gives me the error code 0xc004c003. I have tried reactivating Windows through the command...
  3. Can not reactivate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reactivate Windows: Recently, I purchased a refurbished laptop that was sold by a trusted seller. But I noticed that Windows cannot be activated, as it states the product key in the system is not valid and gives me the error code 0xc004c003. I have tried reactivating Windows through the command...
  4. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  5. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  6. Windows - Retail or OEM

Windows - Retail or OEM: Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?...
  7. OEM or Retail Windows?

OEM or Retail Windows?: Hello Microsoft Community! I changed my laptop's drive from HDD to SDD to make it faster and because my laptop is experiencing some problems that frequently brings me to the Windows Blue Screen of Death. Since I can no longer make a bootable USB device to reinstall windows...
  8. Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?: I have my Windows installation activated with a OEM key. Let's say that, for some reason, I had to erase my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Would I be able to activate this new copy on the exact same PC with my old key? submitted by /u/JuanM04 [link]...
  9. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  10. Reactivating Win10 info from MS - but is it OEM or RETAIL?

Reactivating Win10 info from MS - but is it OEM or RETAIL?: Greetings. After reading this info from Microsoft, I'm unsure if my RETAIL Windows 10 Pro can be used next time I build a gamer-PC. I bought a Win8 Pro RETAIL when it was new, and this is the licens I have upgrated to Windows 10. This info from Microsoft explain how to...