Windows 10: Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?

Discus and support Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm replacing my motherboard from an i5 Intel to an AMD Ryzen system. New CPU, RAM & GPU. Currently, I use two monitors; a Dell 27" 1920x1200px & NEC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GARoss, Jul 6, 2017.

1. GARoss Win User

Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?

I'm replacing my motherboard from an i5 Intel to an AMD Ryzen system. New CPU, RAM & GPU. Currently, I use two monitors; a Dell 27" 1920x1200px & NEC 24" 1920x1080 on one GPU card, an nVidia GTX 560 Ti.

The new MB has on board graphics but I need the Dual-RX580 for video & photo support in which the on board graphics does not support.

Here's my question as the new components will arrive next week;
    Can the Radeon Dual-RX580 be used on my main monitor, the Dell & the on board graphics used on the secondary NEC monitor? Will there be a driver conflict?

Here's the MB & GPU info -

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming Rev 1.0 AM4 AMD
    Integrated Graphics Processor:
    • 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
      * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    • 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
      * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
    Maximum shared memory of 2 GB

* Actual support may vary by CPU.

Graphic Card: Asus Dual-RX580-O8G
    RX-580
    OpenGL 4.5

:)

GARoss, Jul 6, 2017

2. Radeon HD 4350 low profile not working on Dell Optiplex 320

This may not sound too relevant in 2016 but I need to get this matter sorted. I have an Optiplex 320 desktop and a low profile Radeon HD 4350 I would like to use to replace the onboard GPU. I went ahead to install the card and changed the bios to the pcie
    card. However when I try to boot to the Windows 10 installer, it gets stuck. The only way I can get it to work is if I switch back to the onboard GPU. After the instalation, Windows kept rebooting whenever the card was occupied on the pcie slot. Unplugged
    it and it got to the desktop using onboard graphics. What is causing this issue? Is it my Dell, the GPU, or Windows? Will a Nvidia GT 710 be a better option? Can't the installer recognise the GPU just like it's onboard partner? Any help?

KyleTheScientist, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Weird Grid Lines On The Screen

It may be the laptop monitor or the cable between it & the graphics card, another thought is if you have onboard graphics card as well as nVidia, when connected to external monitor it might use the nVidia graphics but use the onboard card at other times.

Time Lady, Jul 6, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

There are no Ryzen processors with GPU built in like APUs have, not yet anyway. Those will be coming in September according to AMD. So, with today's Ryzen processors MB graphic output can't be used.

CountMike, Jul 7, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    The iGPU these days is actually on the CPU chip (on chip), not on the MOBO (on board) as such. Both for some Intel and AMD processors.
    Not all CPUs have the iGPU present, you have to look at each CPU to check what you are buying.

The MOBO may well support iGPU but it is not always there depending on your CPU.

"* Actual support may vary by CPU."
    That's the important bit. Their references to "on board" graphics is misleading as there won't be any at all if it's not on the CPU chip.

Helmut, Jul 7, 2017
  6. GARoss Win User
    I'm confused, obviously. I'll use my old GPU until the new one arrives. Thanks!

GARoss, Jul 7, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    I thought I was clear. Ryzen processors do not have built in graphics so you can't use graphic ports on MB in any way so you can't use both graphic card and the one on MB anyway.

CountMike, Jul 7, 2017
  8. GARoss Win User

You were clear, Mike. My bad.

I should of said, "I was confused". And, I was confused. To me the MB seemed to indicated it had "on board graphics" & photos indicate there are HDMI & DVI-D connections for video. I didn't realize this only work with a compatible CPU.

Thanks again.

GARoss, Jul 7, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    "on board graphics" is an out of date term. Probably the result of mis-translation, or non native user of English.
    A decade or more ago there were some MOBOs produced with "on board graphics" these were separate graphics chips on the MOBO.

The situation now is those Graphics components are on the same chip as the CPU. iGPU(integrated graphics processor unit).

Not all CPUs have an iGPU, it's as simple as that.

This is all separate from PCI-E Plugin Graphics Cards which of course remain the same.

Helmut, Jul 7, 2017
  10. GARoss Win User
    Thanks! I appreciate the explanation.

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors? - Similar Threads - onboard graphics separate

2. The monitor is connected to a separate graphics card, but I want to use the integrated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The monitor is connected to a separate graphics card, but I want to use the integrated...: Hello I use an old monitor and an old discrete graphics card. My graphics card is Geforce 210 I didn't buy a better graphics card because I wanted to use the integrated graphics of my processor. Meanwhile, my processor is Intel Core i5-12400. Since it didn't recognize the...
  3. The monitor is connected to a separate graphics card, but I want to use the integrated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor is connected to a separate graphics card, but I want to use the integrated...: Hello I use an old monitor and an old discrete graphics card. My graphics card is Geforce 210 I didn't buy a better graphics card because I wanted to use the integrated graphics of my processor. Meanwhile, my processor is Intel Core i5-12400. Since it didn't recognize the...
  4. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  5. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  6. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I connect two monitors each monitor to a different graphics cards?: So I have 2 vga monitors and I got one connected to vga to hdmi adapter into my gt 1030 graphics card and i want to connect my another vga monitor to my computer intel graphics but the other monitor won't work or show anything. So is it possible to connect another monitor to...
  8. Use for two different Graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  9. GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio: I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when the GPU is under load. It seems to be coupled to the refresh rate, i.e. animations, mouse movement. the noise is around 30 to...
  10. disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics

disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics: how do I disable graphics card and activate onboard graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-gpu-and-activating-onboard-graphics/efd0d66f-cd28-46ea-aadd-7ab130f65d41

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if im using 2 monitors and one is from my gpu and one from onboard which one is used during games?

2. two graphic card on one vga conflict

3. how get gpu and onboard gpu to run 2 monitors

4. how get gpu and onboard gpu for 2 monitors,
  5. my gpu cannot used two monitor,
  6. can you use onboard intell video with separate graphics card