Windows 10: Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?

Discus and support Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have spent a great amount of time configuring a 56-tile Start Menu in my Microsoft Account login which does not have Admin privileges (the logon I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edkugler, Jun 3, 2016.

1. edkugler Win User

Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user?

I have spent a great amount of time configuring a 56-tile Start Menu in my Microsoft Account login which does not have Admin privileges (the logon I plan to use all the time). I am now configuring another logon - with Admin privileges (a local account because one cannot have two Microsoft Account logons in the same installation). I would like to be able to copy (clone) my 56-tile Start Menu to the new account. Can it be done?

:)

edkugler, Jun 3, 2016

2. Start Menu Configuration

Can I copy the configuration of the Start Menu from one PC to another?

Thanks

Akram Najjar, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Limitation on the maximum number of tile folders on the start screen

Hi Microsoft & all!

Maybe it sounds freaky but I need really a lot of tile folders on the start screen. I started to create them on my Lumia 640XL (W10M build 10.0.14393.448) but ran into a strange limitation: I can't create more than 25 tile folders. When trying to create
    a 26th one, the start screen just reboots/reloads when I try to place a tile on top of another tile. I got confirmed from other people with even better Lumias on W10M that they also can create max 25 tile folders. No such problem with tiles, I can add dozens
    of them. But not folders.

Microsoft, are you aware of this limitation, is it a bug or a feature?

BTW where in W10M is the start screen configuration (tiles/tile folders and their names) stored, in the registry or in an xml file? Just trying to understand if it is a memory or an xml parser issue.

_AndyAndy_, Jun 3, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Ensure you have at least one if not two full image backups of your OS partition before trying such an operation.
    As a Windows 7 user, I was able to find the desktop folder and the needed AppData information, I copied the desktop and AppData from my admin-level RollyAccount into the built-in admin account -- while in Safe Mode. If you can sniff out the desktop or tile-top directory or directories, boot into Safe Mode, you probably can copy such from one account into the other account.
    It's a good idea to have at least one if not two full image backups of your OS and data partitions on a weekly or bi-monthly basis *Smile

RolandJS, Jun 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Can one copy a Start tile configuration to another user? - Similar Threads - copy Start tile

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  5. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  6. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I copy my start menu tiles to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I copy my start menu tiles to another drive?: I have a ton of custom tiles on my Start Menu, but just installed Windows10 again on a new drive. I'd like to migrate the tiles over to my new OS. I've seen a few articles about copying a certain XML file, but did not seem to work when I placed it on my new OS. Any known...
  8. How can I copy my start menu tiles to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I copy my start menu tiles to another drive?: I have a ton of custom tiles on my Start Menu, but just installed Windows10 again on a new drive. I'd like to migrate the tiles over to my new OS. I've seen a few articles about copying a certain XML file, but did not seem to work when I placed it on my new OS. Any known...
  9. Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another: Can i just Copy And paste appdata from one user to another if not is there a way or transfering save data of programs stored in appdata to another user...
  10. Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another: Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another Is this possible ? thanks 29699

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy start tile from one pc to another

2. copy tile from another user