Windows 10: Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

Discus and support Can One Create User without creating a Email account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SonicBlue, Nov 21, 2016.

1. SonicBlue Win User

Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable.
    Is there any way to create one without the invasion.

:)

SonicBlue, Nov 21, 2016

2. windows 10

Can you try creating a new "local" user on your computer? Here's how:

• Go to Settings / Accounts, and choose to add someone else (not a family member)
    • When prompted for email or account, choose the options to proceed without signing into an account and without using an email address (creates a local account instead)
    • After created, click Start and then your user picture to find and switch to the new user account and test it out.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 21, 2016
  3. C-E-W Win User
    Windows 10 Child Account

How do I create a child account without an email address?

How do I create a user account that is shared.. like just for gaming that I can set time limits on?

There has to be another way than step 4..

This is on a "PERSONAL COMPUTER" meaning just because I upgraded to Windows10 doesn't mean that we need to access the internet or email in order to create a child account... or create an email account for every user on the computer.

C-E-W, Nov 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Start - Settings - Accounts - Family & Other People (on the left) - Under Other People click Add Someone Else to this PC - I don't have this person's sign in information - Add a user without a Microsoft Account.

That brings you to this window where you can create a local user account without any email address associated with it:

Can One Create User without creating a Email account? [​IMG]

OR

click on start, type netplwiz, run the netplwiz command. Click Add button. Then Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended). Then click the Local Account button.

NavyLCDR, Nov 21, 2016
  5. SonicBlue Win User
    Thank you NavyLCDR. I guess I 'm short sighted. *Smile

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can One Create User without creating a Email account? - Similar Threads - Create User without

2. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Created another user account with the same email: Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family user to download the program on that account and then have access to it. unfortunately I created the second account using the...
  3. Create new local user without access to the other account

Create new local user without access to the other account: I'd like to create a new local user for school on my pc without access to my current files. My current account has a lot of clutter and files from video games and such. When I make a new basic account, I still have access to everything that was installed on my main user...
  4. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  5. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  6. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

Create new user without email (child) with simply name: How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email? If I can't do that, how can I have the user name be something like "George" instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?...
  7. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  8. Creating User without sign in information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User without sign in information: I am trying to create a new Administrator user in my laptop. I do not have the sign in information thus i clicked I don't have this persons sign in informations. When i clicked on it, the message came as Something went wrong. [ATTACH] What am i suppose to do now? I...
  9. create user and login without email

create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  10. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.: I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the...