Windows 10: Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser.

Discus and support Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I’m on a website with MS Edge browser doing some financial business, why can’t I open another instance of Edge for convenience on another website?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldyeller38, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser.

When I’m on a website with MS Edge browser doing some financial business, why can’t I open another instance of Edge for convenience on another website? Is there a workaround without having to open an instance of IE 11?

:)

oldyeller38, Jul 3, 2018

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    After AM restart Edge will not open...

You need to select Open Microsoft Edge with Start page in Settings to open Edge with MSN news.

Step 1:

Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser. [​IMG]

Step 2:

Step 3:

Kari, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser.

I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser.

1. Can only open 1 instance of Edge browser. - Similar Threads - open instance Edge

2. Edge is the only browser that opens after signing into windows app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge is the only browser that opens after signing into windows app.: I've had this computer for many years with a single local user login. Today my son signed into his windows account while launching the minecraft app. It then popped up a window saying the login is being applied across the system. This linked his windows account to the local...
  3. Edge is the only browser that opens after signing into windows app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is the only browser that opens after signing into windows app.: I've had this computer for many years with a single local user login. Today my son signed into his windows account while launching the minecraft app. It then popped up a window saying the login is being applied across the system. This linked his windows account to the local...
  4. Edge is the only browser that opens after signing into windows app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  6. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  9. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge browser always open: when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/f6beb25b-7d07-4fb4-9168-4c09402473f8
  10. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I can only open one instance of google