Windows 10: Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode

Discus and support Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had an annoying problem with Macrium Reflect only displaying in low res 640x480 mode in winpe mode booting from a usb drive. Interestingly, it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Apr 4, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode

I had an annoying problem with Macrium Reflect only displaying in low res 640x480 mode in winpe mode booting from a usb drive. Interestingly, it worked ok when booting from a hard drive partition.

I tried many fixes and got nowhere until I bought Home and could ask their support team.

It turns out my bios could not cope with win5(crashed) or winpe10(Low res only). Once I used winpe4 it worked - high res!

Not only that, I could now see my second hard drive!

:)

cereberus, Apr 4, 2017

2. Unable to enable Secure Boot/Disable Legacy in BIOS after cloning to ssd

Haha yes that's pretty common.

Funny you said so, I did use macrium reflect in a WinPE to do the clone.

I'm going to put this on Technet tomorrow and if someone there can't figure it out, I suppose a clean install will be my only choice

Sorry if this may have not been clear, everything boots fine right now in legacy mode, the only reason I want to switch to secure is to skip the painful 12-18 second BIOS time

Arden Sinclair, Apr 4, 2017
  3. System Image Backup

Indeed Macrium Reflect prompts to create the recovery WinPE cd on first starting the program and should be created

You can use a regular cd-r or +r or combination of the 2 or even a small flash drive

I usually create both just in case Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode ;)

But indeed Reflect also has startup repair

You can also add it to the boot options but if having boot problems it may not work this is where the cd and or flash recovery media come in handy Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode :)

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2017
Thema:

Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode

1. Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode - Similar Threads - 640x480 resolution Macrium

2. Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard: I created USB bootable repair media. Diskpart tells me that each is MBR formatted, not GPT. These were created on a Win10 machine. One USB contains WinPE alone. I can boot it on my Lenovo Thinkpad, but cannot boot on my desktop that has ASRock H170M Pro4 motherboard. Another...
  3. Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10: So my friend has Macrium Reflect Free installed on his WIndows 8 Home 64-bit and he is planning to upgrade to Windows 10. Will he be able to still use the MR boot menu even though it was built using WinPE 5 components? Or is it actually crucial (by crucial we mean really...
  4. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10: Hi all, I'm getting a new laptop (Win 10) in a few days and I want to make a Macrium Reflect Image of its system before I install ANY software. I have an old Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD that was made on a Windows Vista PC. Does anyone know if I could use...
  5. Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem

Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem: Hello, I have MR Home Edition ver 7.0.2 x64 with me in a Win 10 Pro ver1703 RS2 partition. Due to poor internet connection I cannot download the PE 5 (WADK) --for Win 8.1 and PE 10 (WADK) for Win10 component to make the appropriate WinPE for x64 Win10 (and Win 8.1). I also...
  6. Macrium Reflect not seeing MicroSD with exFatfilesystem

Macrium Reflect not seeing MicroSD with exFatfilesystem: I noticed something interesting, Macrium Reflect is seeing all the drives except my MicroSD with exFat filesystem which is on a USB adapter which is seen by Minitool Partition Wizard, has anyone else been able to get their MicroSD card with exFat seen by Macrium Reflect? 106590
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect Winpe components

Macrium Reflect Winpe components: Just noticed the latest version require a download of over 800 MB to download win pe components where it was only approx 500 MB before. 73015
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect: Graphics resolution too large in BIOS mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect: Graphics resolution too large in BIOS mode: I have a Samung S24D300 monitor connected by HDMI to an Acer Aspire XC-605 desktop with Win 10 Home. When I go too restore an image, by selecting the Macrium option in the boot menu on boot up, everything is too big, so I can't see all the buttons to select in the UI. I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winpe 640 x 480

2. Macrium boot Screen Resolution now limited to 640x480