Windows 10: Can read but not write on shared folder

Discus and support Can read but not write on shared folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a network of computers in my office running on windows 7 and one main computer running on windows 10. I have a folder shared on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lakshi, Sep 7, 2016.

1. lakshi Win User

Can read but not write on shared folder

Hello,
    I have a network of computers in my office running on windows 7 and one main computer running on windows 10. I have a folder shared on my windows 10 pc and i can access this folder on all computers on my network. I can read but not write on this shared folder on my other pcs on the network. I tried sharing everyone (read/write) on the properties but still same problem...please help

:)

lakshi, Sep 7, 2016

2. Lumia 520 can write to SD but not read.

Ok so I did a complete restore of the phone with a SD card in it and now it's working great. Thanks Adrian for your help.

Here is a blog post about my journy to fixing it.

http://.net/blog/2013/10/24/issues-i-have-been-having-part-1

thegeekcave, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Lumia 520 can write to SD but not read.

hi mate,

ahve you checked that you are up to date with the latest firmware on your device and that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store? also try performing a soft reset.

adrianhughesNSD, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Make sure you have the same Account (username and password) on both machines.

Whatphoeb, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Try adding the Other computers by Username and password on the win10 Folders sharing "list" instead of using "everyone" assuming you are using Password Sharing and not a HomeGroup. Try one and see if it helps 1st....

KB

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    I am not expertise in Networking, but how are you trying to "write" to folders, using Windows File Explorer ? or using a third Party Network Application?

Adalwar, Sep 8, 2016
  7. lakshi Win User

lakshi, Sep 8, 2016
  8. Samuria Win User

There are two permissions one the share the other the NTFS on the drive have you set both of these?

Samuria, Sep 8, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings. Under All Networks, turn off Password protected sharing for each PC. You also need to enable Everyone or specified users access to the shared folder as noted above.

Steve C, Sep 9, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    I think that is what he has already Done Steve and it isn't working , at least not for "everyone"

Unless it is cos of the mixed Win7 and Win10 networked Machines ?

I just find with Microsoft Networks they are much happier if there is a User name and password for each machine , even if every machine is given the same Username and password , it seems to work better as Windows does not like blank passwords it seems.

KB.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can read but not write on shared folder - Similar Threads - read write shared

2. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  3. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS: Good dayI have a user that is having issues with her shared drive. This is a mapped drive that gets pushed through GPO. The strange thing is that when she uses the RDS or AVD session her access is there and she can read/write. It's only on her local machine that the problem...
  4. No read/write on local machine but Shares work on AVD/RDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Read/Write Folder inside Read only folder

Read/Write Folder inside Read only folder: Look, I'm trying to make Remote Storage by sharing a folder in this case is "networkDrive", the root. Hosted by mapping network drive.Inside the folder, there are 2 folders:viewed using the mapped network driveThe "networkDrive" folder is supposed to be read only - meaning...
  6. Sharing folders with write access

Sharing folders with write access: I have a need to share some folders/directories with write access on a small office network. I can't figure out how to do this now. What's needed: Some machines have write access to some folders, everything has read-access to everything shared we don't need or desire...
  7. Cannot write to a shared parent folder

Cannot write to a shared parent folder: I have a sharing problem that appeared after I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903. Prior to the upgrade, I had a shared folder to which I could write (drag and drop using Windows Explorer) from another computer. After the upgrade, if I drag and drop a file to the shared...
  8. Read and write speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Permanently setting files in the Documents folder to Read and Write

Permanently setting files in the Documents folder to Read and Write: Hello, One of my programs automatically saves the files I make into the Documents file folder. Whenever I go to edit the files, it says that they have been checked as read only. I go into the properties menu for the Documents file folder and uncheck read only, and then I am...
  10. Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?

Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?: I want a program to access a shared network path and being able to write new files, bot not modify old ones. The only options I see are to fully write/modify or only read. I want permission to write and read, but not modify. Am I missing somehing or is it not possible? 80696