Windows 10: Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ?

Discus and support Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some unknown reason I cannot any more navigate to Update panel from "Einstellungen" - it is blocked. I have to cancel the "Einstellungen" window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wkt, Mar 1, 2016.

1. WKT
    wkt Win User

Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ?

For some unknown reason I cannot any more navigate to Update panel from "Einstellungen" - it is blocked.

I have to cancel the "Einstellungen" window by the task manager !

So in this moment I cant go forward nor backward any more: cant activate Win 10 neither start the restore of my old
    Win 7 system - unbelievable !!!!!!

Question: is there a professional command that I can enter in the command line to start/complete the restore of Win 7 ?

I am frustrated by this dilemma of Win 10 Update.

BTW: the update od the Defender library also doesnt work and stops after several minutes complaining about the network. Browsing works of course. Windows Firewall is deactivated. No Antimalware program installed.

:)

2. R-way Win User

Task Manager app

%windir% is a default environmental variable, and can be set / investigated in Command line via

set windir

Parameter /7 or /0 does not mean too much. This probably indicates how to start it. For instance, Start it from Win+X / Start Menu / Command line...

R-way, Mar 1, 2016
  3. RBroberg Win User
    Robocopy script no longer works after Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded to WIN 10 from 7. I used Robocopy (with WIN 7) successfully. With WIN 10 I only get errors that Robocopy "is neither an internal nor external" program, yet I can see the Robocopy.EXE in the System folder. Scripts don't run at all. From the
    command line I get the same error with the command Robocopy /?. How can I make Robocopy work again?

Tx

RBroberg, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello wkt, *Smile

Yes, you could boot to advanced startup to go back to the previous Windows if it hasn't been longer than 30 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, and you didn't delete the Windows.old folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Do you have a good backup of your Windows 7 system prior to trying the upgrade to Windows 10? If the backup is a windows image backup, boot from your windows 7 install DVD and use advanced options to restore the backup.

More help can be found regarding Windows 7 restoring and repairing at our sister site Windows 7 Help Forums

f14tomcat, Mar 1, 2016
  6. WKT
    wkt Win User
    @Brink Thanks for the link. I tried Option One ("Go back to Previous Windows from Windows 10 in Advanced Startup options") unsuccessfully. On my Home version I dont have the link "See more recovery options". Any way to get shown this option ?

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If it's not there, then you won't be able to use "Go back to previous Windows".

You may have to clean install Windows 7 if you don't have a Windows 7 system image to restore. *Sad

If you would still like to give Windows 10 a chance, I would recommend to clean install Windows 10 instead to have the best experience.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can restore of Win 7 be started from command line ? - Similar Threads - restore started command

2. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  3. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  4. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. Join a Meeting by starting Teams from command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Join a Meeting by starting Teams from command line: I posted the question below in the MS Teams category, but a Microsoft agent suggested I pose the question here. ------------- I have many online meetings every week, mainly on zoom and teams. I get the invitation 5-10 days ahead and used to forget about the meeting until...
  7. 'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'Remnants' Of WinZip From Old Win 7 User Account -Command Line Task?: Hello all. Just upgraded (about 10 days ago) to Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 - OS Build 18362.628 My updates are current. Far as I know. About a year ago I had to reinstall Win 7 due to a virus of some sort, and at the time I entered two new user accounts. After the reinstall , I...
  8. Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?: Hello All.. I wanted to delete certain unused files regarding a program from Windows explorer. I decided to run explorer from command line as an Administrator. So what I intend doing is searching for Cmd from Windows 10 taskbar right click, running it as an administrator...
  9. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  10. How to start Microsoft Photos from command line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start Microsoft Photos from command line?: Hi! In Windows 10 is new app for photos and albums as default picture viewer. In Windows 8.1 I used JPEGView, and sometimes Windows Photo Viewer. Now I'm customizing Windows and I know how to start Photo Viewer from cmd and created context menu item. I want to associate...