Windows 10: Can see only boot drive on networked computer

Discus and support Can see only boot drive on networked computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am able to see my networked computer, but only the C: boot drive. How can I see the contents of other HDDs on that computer? 40114 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lbeck, Feb 7, 2016.

1. lbeck Win User

Can see only boot drive on networked computer

I am able to see my networked computer, but only the C: boot drive. How can I see the contents of other HDDs on that computer?

:)

lbeck, Feb 7, 2016
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot see files on Networked Computer

Hi,

For us to assist you better, we'd like to know if how do you connect the mini tower to your laptop. Is it workgroup or home group?

Meanwhile, if its HomeGroup, we suggest that you run the HomeGroup Troubleshooter. This will let you troubleshoot HomeGroup.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Cannot see files on Networked Computer

I have a Mini Tower and a Laptop in a Workgroup and Home Group. I manually 'Sync' files between devices - I have a problem in that I am not able to view/edit files on one of the devices.

From the Laptop: I open File Explorer, select Network, and I can drill-down through the file structure of the Mini Tower and view/edit files.

From the Mini Tower: I open File Explorer, select Network, and I can see Users/[Username]; The screen shows the message "This folder is empty"; I.E. I am not able to drill down through the files structure.

Both devices are running Windows10 Ver: 1709

Firewall settings are the same on both devices.

Both devices run Windows Defender - No additional anti-malware app installed.

I am the only User of each device - My user account is in the Administrators Group - I have, also, added my User account [Username] to the Security profile with Full Permissions.... ...'just in case'...

Things I have checked show both machines use common settings.

I must be missing something as no-matter what I check I am not able to find any differences between the two devices to account for the differences in the way they operate...

Separately - I had thought I could overcome this problem by Syncing files (Offline Files via Sync Centre); this worked well with earlier Windows version (including using the Laptop) - I have had some success in that occasionally Sync Centre works; mostly
    it does not 'auto-sync' on start-up - Usually, I encounter problems trying to open offline files for editing as if the files is 'locked'.

I didn't particularly want to sync via OneDrive as I don't always have an internet connection available when away from my home network.

CyberTrash, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Can see only boot drive on networked computer

1. Can see only boot drive on networked computer - Similar Threads - boot drive networked

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  6. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  7. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  8. Dual boot computer, only windows10 can write on a drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot computer, only windows10 can write on a drive: I'm using windows and linux on my pc, however only windows can write on a specific drive. How do I change it so that linux can freely write on that drive too and edit existing files? submitted by /u/arkindal [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  10. can't not see the map network drive in computer

can't not see the map network drive in computer: I have the problem with network drive appearing in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-not-see-the-map-network-drive-in-computer/83ea0731-2190-4513-9b57-3b9820e1c6b5