Windows 10: Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer

Discus and support Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Specifically, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HomeFolderDesktop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015.

1. andrehsu Win User

Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer

Specifically, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HomeFolderDesktop, and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HomeFolderMobile

Story if you are interested:
    So I upgrade from 10130 to 10158, and in the process, I ended up with a shortcut in the quick access section that was impossible to remove. So I deleted the keys ^, and now I can't pin stuff to quick access, although the empty shortcut was removed *Sad, so can anyone kindly export the keys and give it to me somehow? Thanks.

:)

andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

Can someone give me the driver for Nokia Lumia 520?

You have to have SP3 and Windows Media Player 11 installed.

garym123, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Can someone give me the driver for Nokia Lumia 520?

Hi Darius,

The following is from the Knowledge Base article 2749484, Windows Phone 8 is not detected by your computer

To manually download and install the Windows Phone driver:

• Go to http://catalog.update.microsoft.com.
    • Search for "windows phone winusb". You should find "Windows Phone - Other hardware - WinUsb Device".
    • Tap or click Add in the right-most column.
    • ap or click View basket (just below the search box).
    • On the "Updates in your basket" screen, tap or click the Download button. Tap or click the Browse button and select a convenient location, such as your Desktop or the Downloads folder, to save the file. Tap or clickContinue, and then
      tap or click Close when downloaded.
    • Browse to the file you downloaded (which may be contained in a folder called "Windows Phone - Other hardware - WinUsb Device") and then double tap or double click it.
    • Double tap or double click the file winusbcompat.cat. Select a location (such as the Desktop) to extract the file.
    • Repeat the steps under Update your Windows Phone 8 driver above, but when you reach Step K, browse to the file you just saved instead of the C:\Windows\Inf\ folder.

Christopher Miller, Jun 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 29, 2015
  5. andrehsu Win User
    andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 29, 2015
  7. andrehsu Win User
    Nope, right clicking and pinning doesn't pin downloads to quick access or replace the broken shortcut. And this happened when I updated from 10130 to 10154, so I am not sure a system restore is viable.
    Edit: 10158 I mean

andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Did you move your Downloads folder to a different location that default?

Brink, Jun 29, 2015
  9. andrehsu Win User
    nope

andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid I haven't found were Quick access stores pinned folders yet to be able to just reset it. *Sad

Brink, Jun 29, 2015
  11. andrehsu Win User
    I fixed it! YAY*Biggrin
    I deleted the downloads folder, which removed it from the left pane, then recreated the folder and repinned it.
    Voila:

Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer [​IMG]

it works!!! *Smile
    Thanks to Brink for your help restoring my deleted keys
    Hope this helps someone *Smile

andrehsu, Jun 29, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Perfect. Thank you for posting back with your results. *Smile

Brink, Jun 29, 2015
  13. Scaevola Win User

My quick access is also stuck as follows, but the home folder registry keys did not work. What else can I do?

Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer [​IMG]

Scaevola, Jul 30, 2015
  14. andrehsu Win User
    What happens when you click on quick access?

andrehsu, Jul 30, 2015
  15. Scaevola Win User
    Nothing happens at all. The strange thing is that Quick Access is available from file dialogs, but not from the Explorer itself.

Scaevola, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can someone give me registry keys for windows explorer - Similar Threads - someone registry keys

2. can someone give me the default values for this in the registy please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone give me the default values for this in the registy please...: reg edit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-give-me-the-default-values-for-this-in/53a016b7-447e-44dc-8481-e2ccf58a074d
  3. can someone give me the default values for this in the registy please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone give me the default values for this in the registy please...: reg edit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-give-me-the-default-values-for-this-in/53a016b7-447e-44dc-8481-e2ccf58a074d
  4. can someone give me the default values for this in the registy please...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags: There are registry flags like "icon", "muiverb", and "hasluashield" that all have special meanings and seem comparable to named variables being passed into a function. I have been looking for hours over the past couple days trying to find documentation on what flags exist,...
  6. Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags

Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags: There are registry flags like "icon", "muiverb", and "hasluashield" that all have special meanings and seem comparable to named variables being passed into a function. I have been looking for hours over the past couple days trying to find documentation on what flags exist,...
  7. CAN YOU GIVE ME MY PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN YOU GIVE ME MY PRODUCT KEY: DURING RESET MY PC WINDOW CRUSHED HOW CAN HOW CAN I GET BACK MY WINDOW 10 PRODUCT KEY AND INSTALL IT AGAIN INTO MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-give-me-my-product-key/61857045-6243-46d7-880f-271ae134e69c
  8. CAN YOU GIVE ME MY PRODUCT KEY

CAN YOU GIVE ME MY PRODUCT KEY: DURING RESET MY PC WINDOW CRUSHED HOW CAN HOW CAN I GET BACK MY WINDOW 10 PRODUCT KEY AND INSTALL IT AGAIN INTO MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-give-me-my-product-key/61857045-6243-46d7-880f-271ae134e69c
  9. CAN YOU GIVE ME MY PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can someone please, give me registry key for Windows Restore.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can someone please, give me registry key for Windows Restore.: I need the Reg key to System Restore in Win10 . TIA. 24878