Windows 10: Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If so, how is that done, without buying a new license and doing a clean install of Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyWalters, Aug 17, 2018.

1. RyWalters Win User

Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?

If so, how is that done, without buying a new license and doing a clean install of Windows?

:)

RyWalters, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Surface upgraded Pro

2. Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I run a small business. Unfortunately for the business, I run all our IT. Recently I have had to buy everyone laptops, so I decided to splash out and buy 4 Surface Pros from Amazon. By default these devices run Windows Home editions.I use Microsoft for all our emails...
  3. Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I run a small business. Unfortunately for the business, I run all our IT. Recently I have had to buy everyone laptops, so I decided to splash out and buy 4 Surface Pros from Amazon. By default these devices run Windows Home editions.I use Microsoft for all our emails...
  4. Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?: I am willing to purchase Surface Go but i have a doubt if i can switch from Win10 S mode to Win10 Pro. Is it possible? I need Windows 10 Pro because of the nature of my work. Please guide...
  5. Upgraded from a Surface Go to Surface Pro 7 but I can't link my windows 10 Pro account from...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from a Surface Go to Surface Pro 7 but I can't link my windows 10 Pro account from...: I recently got a surface Pro 7 and I would like to continue using my windows 10 pro account but I can not activate it on this computer which came with windows 10 already installed. I unlinked the previous device and cleaned the data but I can not activate it on my new...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro: Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-pro/4357911b-22ff-493c-84c9-28826ac0ff04
  7. Surface Go: how to turn Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go: how to turn Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home or Pro: I bought a Surface Go device recently to check it out and write a thorough review later. I would not have done so if the device would come with a locked Windows 10 S operating system and no option to upgrade. Why? Because Windows 10 S limits you to what is installed by...
  8. Surface GO HOME Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Surface GO HOME Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Hi All; Happy Thanksgiving to all! I would like to ask community and probably you can guide me how to handle this. I got a Surface GO with Home S Mode. I did not like to so I paid $99 for an Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, After Upgrade, I also removed the S Mode, which I can...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S: I keep getting an error when I try to upgrade it for free... Could someone kindly help? ): Many thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-s/8ca835e1-ba24-486e-953f-b76426500bfd
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?

Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?: I have the latest Surface Pro - i5, 8g ram - and did not realize that it came with a sort of condensed version of Windows 10. I can get by with this but would much prefer to upgrade. Thankfully there is some sort of mysterious offer out there to upgrade to the proper Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade surface go to windows 10 pro

2. windows s upgrade to home surface go