Can switching networks damage/wear out my wifi card?

Discus and support Can switching networks damage/wear out my wifi card? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this stupid wifi that likes to randomly disconnect and do random things. There are 2 networks, one is 2.4ghz and the other is 5ghz. I switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Jul 27, 2018.

1. osly Win User

I have this stupid wifi that likes to randomly disconnect and do random things. There are 2 networks, one is 2.4ghz and the other is 5ghz. I switch between the 2 because sometimes one doesnt have internet access randomly, but the other one does. I do this multiple times a day. I'm switching internet providers soon. It happens for all devices, not just my laptop.

So, I'm wondering, with all this wifi switching, will it somehow "potentially" damage my hardware?

:)

2. sonnytiger Win User

WiFi Network Card as Failsafe

I have a D-Link DWA-542 RangeBooster N Desktop Adapter that I use for wireless networks (obviously) but at my relatives, he as a wireless network and a switch, I normally hook up to the switch and also connect my WiFi card to the wireless network. Is there any way I can make all network traffic go through the wireless network in the event my wired connection was severed, automatic switch would be nice but i can handle manual if its easy.

sonnytiger, Jul 27, 2018
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jul 27, 2018
  4. StevePeña Win User

Problem switching WiFi networks

I have two WiFi networks in my home to address distance problems. I'm using a Lumia 1020 running OS version 8.10.14157.200 / Lumia Cyan. When moving from an area served by Network 1 to an areas served by Network 2, the phone doesn't always switch to the
    stronger network, In fact, it "holds onto" Network 1 even if the sign strength barely registers on the phone. I have waited multiple minutes for it to switch to Network 2 but most of the time I have to switch it manually in order to get it to switch to the
    stronger network. This was not a problem until I upgraded to 8.1.

I have tried switching off/on Wi-Fi Sense and Share Wi-Fi networks and all of the networks I want are listed under "Manage." All of the networks are selected "Connect Automatically" so that isn't the problem either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

StevePeña, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Can switching networks damage/wear out my wifi card? - Similar Threads - switching networks damage

2. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.: Hi, Windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Turned on HP (h9-1400a) desktop as normal. Sys then goes into the normal windows is updating please wait. I wait, it reboots and the CPU fan maxes out as soon as the PC restarts. I log in, check tasks running, CPU is at 7%,...
  3. My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly: I bought my laptop 2 months ago and this issue started couple of days ago. My laptop have a ssd driver. Most of the time I use my laptop for searching on the internet. When I try to open a new tab or open the task manager it freezes and sometimes the icons at taskbar...
  4. My laptop accessories.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop accessories.: I doubt that shopkeeper stole my laptop accessories in my laptop ,like ram,ic, processor,because my laptop seal is broken, so how to fine solutions of this problems,plea pl help....
  5. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  6. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...
  7. No audio devices can be detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio devices can be detected: When i was playing a games my chrome that was playing stop playing the music i was playing on it. I thought i had disconnected from the internet but then all the programs that use sould crashed like discord chrome volume mixer and spotify but it was not in use. I could not...
  8. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...
  9. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...
  10. How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?: I had been using the following setting to prevent auto-updates. Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely Yesterday, when I was still using version 1709, I manually installed a critical update via Windows Update MiniTool. I had no idea what update it was. After a...