Windows 10: Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10?

Discus and support Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I'm preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime this weekend or next week and I have a question that I want to know before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ACMDogfight1997, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10?

Hi. I'm preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime this weekend or next week and I have a question that I want to know before upgrading. Is it possible to create a restore point in Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 10, and be able to restore to that point in Windows 10? Let me know!

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Oct 15, 2015
  2. Rocio_LB Win User

How can I setup a RESTORE POINT in Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 allows for setting of manual Restore Points? I could not find the way of doing it.

There are some restore point I can go back to (setup from the previous Win 7) from before moving to Windows 10.

As information point. In the 'System and Security' menu of the Control Panel, I don't have available/visible a
    'System Protection' option from where I could see the System Restore Panel.

If there is a way, how/where can I access it those settings/options?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rocio_LB, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Automatic Factory reset

Hi,

This issue on your Windows 10 may have occurred due to a corrupted user account or a system file corruption that caused a forced factory reset. Generally, the only way to restore the files is through backups or restore points. Since there are no restore
    points created, we'd like to know what types of files are missing and if there are others that are still saved that can be restored using this

link
    . The link may be for Windows 7, but this can also be applied on Windows 10.

Meanwhile, for future purposes please refer to these articles on how to create backups or restore points:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 15, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10?

No, once you upgrade all old restore points are deleted. They wouldn't work in Windows 10 anyway. But Windows Setup backups all your old Windows installation and data in the folder C:\Windows.old Should anything goes wrong, you can return to Windows 7 from there. If you are OK and you have no problem, this folder is automatically deleted after 30 days. So don't worry about your files, the backup is taken automatically from Windows Setup before the upgrade and you have 30 days to return to Windows 7, if you need to. Go ahead. Of course it doesn't hurt if you also take your own backup of important data to another disk or USB flash drive before you start... To minimize compatibility problems you may also update all drivers before the upgrade. Then check if there is a Windows 10 driver for chipset, graphics etc and update again in Windows 10.

spapakons, Oct 15, 2015
  5. Thanks! I forgot about the Windows.old thing. I guess I'll start on this thing now.

ACMDogfight1997, Oct 16, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    Some people have encountered issues using the rollback feature to rollback to Win 7 from Win 10. To be on the safe side, use something Macrium Reflect Free to create a system image before doing the upgrade that can be used to restore your system back to the way it was. Make sure you use the utility in Macrium Reflect to create a bootable recovery disk in case your computer canno longer boot.

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10?

1. Can system restore points from Windows 7 be accessed on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - system restore points

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System Restore from Restore Point is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore from Restore Point is stuck: Started a system restore from system restore point this morning at 7:30 am. It is now 11:45 am and it is still running. I have done system restore from restore point in the past and it only took 20~30 minutes. What to do now?...
  4. System restore points in Windows 10

System restore points in Windows 10: I want to restore my windows 10 to an earlier date but the program only shows options for 4 previous automatic restore points. The computer is two years old and so should have more than just 4 old points. How can I access older points?...
  5. Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10: How to: Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10 When you System Restore. These will appear alongside the other restore points as 'type Backup' when you tick the box for 'Show more restore points' in System Restore. [img] Unlike...
  6. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  7. no access to restore point windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no access to restore point windows 10?: I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my restore point at an earlier date to get some of this stuff off of my new computer. The problem I'm having is the computer refuses...
  8. can not create/restore system point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can not create/restore system point: Hi. can not create/restore system point. Please help, Thanks. 79135
  9. Create System Restore Point in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Restore Point in Windows 10: How to: Create System Restore Point in Windows 10 How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently...
  10. Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10: How to: Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10 How to Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently...