Windows 10: Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden?

Discus and support Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the information displayed by the status bar but I don't need these stupid little icons in the corner: [img] Can they be hidden? 79596 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kahenraz, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Kahenraz Win User

Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden?

I like the information displayed by the status bar but I don't need these stupid little icons in the corner:

Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden? [​IMG]

Can they be hidden?

:)

Kahenraz, Mar 17, 2017

2. Today Screen status bar: can it be removed?

Interesting set of Tweaks The_Boz .... very interesting.

For the faint of heart or those that just don't want a screw up, take the time to look at Tweaks2K2. It is very inexpensive and extremely popular. It does a lot!!

Check it out here: Web Server's Default Page

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Today Screen status bar: can it be removed?

YourMum797 wrote:

@ - sure I am comfortable editing the registry. Do you know what registry setting to change?! Plus you mention the Battery Meter, but really I am after not showing the complete status bar... is this still a registry change?

Removing the whole status bar, No I don't know the registry edit of that.

But removing the init_tray.lnk like linley said in your Windows/start-up folder will do the trick too

Johan van Mierlo, Mar 17, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there and welcome.

Yes you can hide the status bar and those two icons.

Click on the view menu and then select options. You can then untick show status bar.

Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden? [​IMG]

swarfega, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Kahenraz Win User
    I want to keep the bar but hide the icons. I'm wondering if there is a way to hide them without disabling the entire bar.

Kahenraz, Mar 17, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    The only thing I can think of is to do as above and hide the status bar but keep the ribbon bar at the top permanently open then its just a matter of going to the view menu and selecting one of the folder icon styles.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2017
  7. woncon Win User
    This is what I was seeking a solution to. Instead of hiding things I tune them. Instead of disabling shell elements I customize them. Sure thing its possible, all u need is to locate .dll in question in which these icons are residing and blank them via resource hacker or restorator. I have replaced over 160 icons in 50 dll/cpl/exe files, all are the high quality images processed in all resolutions starting 16 and edning 256. Wasted two weeks on this... There are still icons to be replaced but Im not wasting my time on this anymore. Got better things to do lol. See my post: Where does Windows store folder view icons?. System32 directory has over 5K dlls in it, let alone syswow64. If u got balls to inspect all of them u will find the concerning dll soon or late. But u will need to put some effort into it. Remember tweaking / tuning is all about details.

woncon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden? - Similar Threads - Explorer status bar

2. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  3. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  4. How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar: I always open a lot of apps and the taskbar is always full. I don't need to use some apps but I need to keep them open. I want to make them organized by putting them in the hidden tray in the taskbar. How do I do it? Or it's straightforward, not possible?...
  5. Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?: I have inadvertently activated this green "Status online" icon in the Windows 10 20H2 file explorer status bar. This icon appears only for one Synology NAS directory. [img] I don't need any online indicator or functionality. Where can I disable/stop this function? 173555
  6. Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?: I have inadvertently activated this green "Status online" icon in the Windows 10 20H2 file explorer status bar. This icon appears only for one Synology NAS directory. [img] I don't need any online indicator or functionality. Where can I disable/stop this function? 173555
  7. Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?

Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?: [ATTACH] Not sure if these are generated by Classic Explorer or not, or if it's pulled from elsewhere like in past Windows versions, but I'd like to change the icon and text through the registry, if possible. This is on Windows 10 LTSB 2016, with Classic Theme on. Any help...
  8. Icons on Task bar transparent (Hidden)

Icons on Task bar transparent (Hidden): Hi All, I have a issue with my windows 10 OS. The Icons are in task bar hidden. Please refer the attachment. But this only effects to applications like calc, Calendar , Camera etc. Apps like word , excel, pdf showing without any issues. Previously I had issue with the...
  9. Battery icon not showin in Status Bar

Battery icon not showin in Status Bar: hello, I am having an odd issue with my battery icon in the taskbar on my Windows 10 Pro. I cannot see my battery level icon everytime I startup my laptop. My only solution is if I signed out and signed in again, it can be shown on my taskbar, otherwise it won´t work. I would...
  10. Hide Icon of language on status bar

Hide Icon of language on status bar: In which way i can hide the icon language on status bar ?? Thank Hispa 12861