Windows 10: Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

Discus and support Can the Registry restore entries automatically? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I changed several fields in the Registry titled "Friendly Name" trying to apply a useful name to my Bluetooth devices. Then I closed the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by vijer, Nov 3, 2016.

1. vijer Win User

Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

I changed several fields in the Registry titled "Friendly Name" trying to apply a useful name to my Bluetooth devices. Then I closed the registry editor and restarted my PC. When I viewed the Registry again the names were back to their original names. I've never seen this behavior before. Can anyone explain it? And can you tell me how to stop it?

:)

vijer, Nov 3, 2016
  2. Raf. Win User

Win 10 System Restore.

Sangeeta, thanks for the reply. I tried that and it opens the System Restore Window, and it says "System Restore is Turned Off". And I CAN NOT turn it ON. Even went into the Registry

:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore

And the last "SystemRestore" entry was missing from my Registry. Can I add it?

Sincerely,

Raf., Nov 3, 2016
  3. Khawll__ Win User
    troubleshooting

restore network protocols to default setting

windows sockets registry entries required for networks

Khawll__, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

vijer,

Welcome to the forums!

Which Registry key are you trying to modify?

cottonball, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Could also be the Bluetooth adapter in the computer is picking up the name/s from the devices themselves when they are Paired, mine usually do such as for my Cellphone or other computers with Bluetooth active. I use a Bluetooth mouse on 3 Win10 Notebooks, a Win10 Tablet and an 11" Win10 2-in-1 plus with my MacBook Pro. Most are Microsoft mice but one is a Targus, they show the names/brands. Some printers have Bluetooth along with Wi-Fi and maybe Ethernet connections.

Berton, Nov 4, 2016
  6. vijer Win User
    Hard to say which key as there are a lot of them. I searched for the name of the Bluetooth device "awei music" (the Chinese aren't very creative) and there are about 20 keys, with the name "FriendlyName" with the value "awei music". if I change the name to "Awei a990bl", the actual device model, then close the registry editor reboot and check the values again, they are back to "awei music".

It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a pair of Awei a990bl and a pair of Awei a920bl, and because the Chinese are so bright they named both devices "awei music". Don't know which device I am connecting to. In Android I just rename the device no problem, but Microsoft doesn't have the most creative folks working for it either and you can't right click and rename the device.

vijer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

1. Can the Registry restore entries automatically? - Similar Threads - Registry restore entries

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?: I disabled clear history on chrome and Microsoft edge, incognito on chrome, and InPrivate on edge, and suddenly days later I see they all have been reset, with history cleaned. Do you think the system was restored? Any ideas? If so, should this entry alone prevent a restore?...
  7. Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4em36/is_this_a_normal_registry_entry_and_can_i_delete/
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...