Windows 10: Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well

Discus and support Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, from my understanding, one can use BitLocker ONLY to encrypt entire drives. Not specific folders. I noticed this option while right-clicking a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlando1974, May 3, 2016.

1. Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well

Hi, from my understanding, one can use BitLocker ONLY to encrypt entire drives. Not specific folders.
    I noticed this option while right-clicking a folder:

Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well [​IMG]

I think this would be useful to encrypt only those folders on the drive that may contain sensitive data. Before I enable it, I'd like to know what to expect. Will this be password-protected? Will it remain decrypted until I reboot? Has anyone tried it? Is it a good option?

:)

orlando1974, May 3, 2016
  2. Clark Ari Win User

How to remove encription

Hi,

Encrypting a file or a certain folder is one way to secure and keep your file safe, so you're the only one who can access the file or folder. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• What type of encryption are you trying to remove?
    • Are you trying to remove a certain file or folder encryption?
    • Can you tell us what file is encrypted?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, May 3, 2016
  3. This sim card can only be used on specific Network

Should I Purchase code for Network ? Your product should purchase again and again ? I think your product can support globally.

BinodBhurtel, May 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well

Hi, this is not bitlocker - this is the EFS encryption system which has been around from Win 2000.
    Encrypt (EFS) Lock on Icon - Change or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Encrypting File System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Using Encrypting File System
    (old references.. you can search for newer ones...)

This compares Bitlocker and EFS
    BitLocker Vs. Encrypting File System (EFS) - LockerGnome

There are some posts where people have experienced difficulties having used EFS- try searching the forum for EFS using the search box above.

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I wanted to encrypt part of a removable USB drive and hit the problem of Bitlocker only encrypting drives. I found a work around using this method http://www.howtogeek.com/193013/how-...er-on-windows/

Basically you create a Virtual Hard Drive stored on your removable drive, encrypt that using Bitlocker then copy your files to the encrypted VHD. You will need to mount VHD to access your files.

Steve C, Oct 27, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Didn't check your link but will say I use WinZip to compress files and can assign a password so they can't be opened. Microsoft Office can be set to password protect files, probably other programs can be also. Then they could be stored anywhere and accessed from any computer as long as the password is remembered.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well

1. Can This Be Used to Encrypt Certain Folders ONLY and Does It Work Well - Similar Threads - Used Encrypt Certain

2. How to select only certain files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to select only certain files in a folder?: Hi! I'm having a folder with round about 6000 images in there. Also I'm having a list in a CSV file which includes round about 400 names of those image files. I would like to select these 400 files in the folder to add them to a new folder. If I'm using the searching box in...
  3. How to select only certain files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to select only certain files in a folder?: Hi! I'm having a folder with round about 6000 images in there. Also I'm having a list in a CSV file which includes round about 400 names of those image files. I would like to select these 400 files in the folder to add them to a new folder. If I'm using the searching box in...
  4. Bitlocker eDrive not working well on certain notebooks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker eDrive not working well on certain notebooks: I am the owner of a Dell XPS with a TCG Opal 2.0 & IEEE1667 compatible Samsung 980 Pro SSD.Before some of you will tell me not to use hardware encryption because of alleged weaknesses, I am aware of this paper and frankly modern Samsung SSDs were not affected as long as...
  5. Bitlocker eDrive not working well on certain notebooks

Bitlocker eDrive not working well on certain notebooks: I am the owner of a Dell XPS with a TCG Opal 2.0 & IEEE1667 compatible Samsung 980 Pro SSD.Before some of you will tell me not to use hardware encryption because of alleged weaknesses, I am aware of this paper and frankly modern Samsung SSDs were not affected as long as...
  6. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  7. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  8. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. CAN NOT 'ON' ENCRYPTION FOR A FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN NOT 'ON' ENCRYPTION FOR A FOLDER: I AM BUYING A HP LAPTOP WITH WINDOW 10 BUT I CAN'T ON/OPEN ENCRYPTION BUTTON FOR ANY FOLDER. I THINK ,I DON'T HAVE BITLOCKER INSTALLED. ABOUT SYSTEM: EDITION : WINDOW 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE. VERSION : 1903 RAM : 4 GB 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. NEED HELP...…. ....
  10. search does not work in certain folders

in Cortana
    search does not work in certain folders: Idk why but search just doesn't work in certain folders mostly a user folder for a non hotmail account that can no longer be logged into how do I fix this?...