Windows 10: Can this sharing be done in Windows 10

Discus and support Can this sharing be done in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a DELL XPS15 that I just purchased about a month ago. It came with Windows 10, can't say as how I am overly impressed so far but it is getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RDJ, Jun 24, 2016.

1. RDJ
    RDJ Win User

Can this sharing be done in Windows 10

I have a DELL XPS15 that I just purchased about a month ago. It came with Windows 10, can't say as how I am overly impressed so far but it is getting better (I think). I am currently running a wired connection through Dells docking station. What I want to do is share the wired connection via the wireless card on my laptop. I have my phone, and IPAD that I want to share the connection with.

can it be done and if it can how?

cheers

:)

2. Can this be done?

Well, if you searched it once online on the phone, it will show up later once you search it offline. The phone downloads the information into it like that. I think this was done so as to minimize the sizes of the maps on the phone, and so that it will only
    load the stuff we want. If you do all the searches on the phone now while you're still in UK, you'll be able to search them again once you get to Ukraine.

Also, I would advice to mark all important places as favorites.

chanchan05, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Can this be done?

Hi, and apologies if i am asking a stupid question.

I have just downloaded and am using maps 3.04 beta. No problems, everything working fine.

I am planning several trips to east Europe, specifically Poland and Ukraine in the next month. I know roaming data charges are just plain stupid, but i want to use nokia maps with the gps function. I know i can disable internet access on my phone so i
    wont pay charges but i want to have all the content available to me. eg. cash machines, bars etc.

So my question is:

Is there a way of storing this data before i go? i can sit in my apartment in UK and access this information for Krakow, will it remain in memory when i arrive and turn off roaming. I know i can create and save favorites.

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question

mikefaulkner---01, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Do tell more about the ISP/Internet Service Provider you are using, the type of connection [DSL, Broadband, Dial-Up, etc.], the Modem and the Router [if used].

Berton, Jun 25, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    You would need to bridge the two connections into one. It is really more cost effective to just get a Access Point.

bro67, Jun 25, 2016
  6. loganj Win User
  7. strollin Win User
    strollin, Jun 25, 2016
  8. RDJ
    RDJ Win User

I think the answer to this would be "yes" It is supposed to be "broadband" for which I pay for DSL speeds but actually get DIAL-UP ...*chuckle

I am a contractor in Iraq and the service here sucks most of the time .. wireless is a TP-Link TL-WR740n connected to a switch via cable that runs over the roof of our hooch.

9. RDJ
    RDJ Win User
    thanks for all the info and links I will take a look at them and see what I can do.

Thema:

1. Can this sharing be done in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sharing done

2. Creating a shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a shared folder: How can I create a shared drive on Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-shared-folder/c3c1133f-37ee-49c1-8c09-99752001ef49"
  3. HP Printer send to shared folder issue

HP Printer send to shared folder issue: Dear Experts I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8 I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro 64 bit and I tried to copy the same setting...
  4. VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VmWare Workstation 12.5.9: how to share folders between VMs?: Hi all, I need to run a CMD command in a VM that would need the access of Windows folder from another VM. While it is easy to set host folders to be shared with the VM, how to share folders between VMs? *Confused Thank you. 144631
  5. Windows 10 can't share printer to other Windows 10 on same WorkGroup

Windows 10 can't share printer to other Windows 10 on same WorkGroup: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my home computer. I reinstalled the same printer I had when my computer was a Windows 7 computer. The printer is installed via USB on my computer: Canon MG3620. I can print to it. I want my husband to be able to print to it from his...
  6. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  7. windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management: hi i add windows shared printer ( named A ) to my windows server 2019. the A printer is shown in control panel\deive and printer but is not shown in print servers\printers. Q: what kind of printer is listed in Print Servers\Printers ?...
  8. need to take off "quik mail link" to my personal, (and private) email, on a shared computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need to take off "quik mail link" to my personal, (and private) email, on a shared computer.: yes, my husband has some how been able to get into my email, (or link it somehow), to be able to have a mail link directly to my email (on our shared computer.) how can i take that off, and regain my privacy?, (and keep that from happening again.?)...
  9. File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder

File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder: I am trying to troubleshoot an issue for my dad's work computer (Windows 10 Pro), and his IT guys have been no help. Basically, a few times a day, when he has File Explorer open and is viewing a shared network drive, File Explorer will close by itself. I've discovered that a...
  10. Sharing a file between 2 window computers in which both parties can see updates done to...

Sharing a file between 2 window computers in which both parties can see updates done to...: I want to share an image file between 2 computers which can be edited by both parties, and both parties can see these edited changes. Any help is appreciated....