Windows 10: Can this sharing be done in Windows 10

Discus and support Can this sharing be done in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a DELL XPS15 that I just purchased about a month ago. It came with Windows 10, can't say as how I am overly impressed so far but it is getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RDJ, Jun 24, 2016.

1. RDJ
    RDJ Win User

Can this sharing be done in Windows 10

I have a DELL XPS15 that I just purchased about a month ago. It came with Windows 10, can't say as how I am overly impressed so far but it is getting better (I think). I am currently running a wired connection through Dells docking station. What I want to do is share the wired connection via the wireless card on my laptop. I have my phone, and IPAD that I want to share the connection with.

can it be done and if it can how?

cheers

:)

2. Can this be done?

Well, if you searched it once online on the phone, it will show up later once you search it offline. The phone downloads the information into it like that. I think this was done so as to minimize the sizes of the maps on the phone, and so that it will only
    load the stuff we want. If you do all the searches on the phone now while you're still in UK, you'll be able to search them again once you get to Ukraine.

Also, I would advice to mark all important places as favorites.

chanchan05, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Can this be done?

Hi, and apologies if i am asking a stupid question.

I have just downloaded and am using maps 3.04 beta. No problems, everything working fine.

I am planning several trips to east Europe, specifically Poland and Ukraine in the next month. I know roaming data charges are just plain stupid, but i want to use nokia maps with the gps function. I know i can disable internet access on my phone so i
    wont pay charges but i want to have all the content available to me. eg. cash machines, bars etc.

So my question is:

Is there a way of storing this data before i go? i can sit in my apartment in UK and access this information for Krakow, will it remain in memory when i arrive and turn off roaming. I know i can create and save favorites.

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question

mikefaulkner---01, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Do tell more about the ISP/Internet Service Provider you are using, the type of connection [DSL, Broadband, Dial-Up, etc.], the Modem and the Router [if used].

Berton, Jun 25, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    You would need to bridge the two connections into one. It is really more cost effective to just get a Access Point.

bro67, Jun 25, 2016
  6. loganj Win User
  7. strollin Win User
    strollin, Jun 25, 2016
  8. RDJ
    RDJ Win User

I think the answer to this would be "yes" It is supposed to be "broadband" for which I pay for DSL speeds but actually get DIAL-UP ...*chuckle

I am a contractor in Iraq and the service here sucks most of the time .. wireless is a TP-Link TL-WR740n connected to a switch via cable that runs over the roof of our hooch.

9. RDJ
    RDJ Win User
    thanks for all the info and links I will take a look at them and see what I can do.

Thema:

1. Can this sharing be done in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sharing done

2. Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached: Hellowe have shared network-printers.Randomly printers are displayed offline on clients, while other clients can print on them without problems.After restart of the spooler, we the user can print again.We already checked printer drivers, disabled snmp and more.Has anyone a...
  3. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  4. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  5. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?: Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use share printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-is-not-giving-permission-to-window-7-to/3d68df87-4907-4578-8454-40e929bd43e1
  7. Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?

Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?: Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use share printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-is-not-giving-permission-to-window-7-to/3d68df87-4907-4578-8454-40e929bd43e1
  8. My Windows 11 Home Edition cannot print on shared printer after the windows update done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Home Edition cannot print on shared printer after the windows update done.: Please helpWe have two laptops 1 with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 and 1 with Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2, previously these two laptop can print on a shared printer, the printer attached on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro. Unfortunately, these two laptops with Window 11 both...
  9. My Windows 11 Home Edition cannot print on shared printer after the windows update done.

My Windows 11 Home Edition cannot print on shared printer after the windows update done.: Please helpWe have two laptops 1 with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 and 1 with Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2, previously these two laptop can print on a shared printer, the printer attached on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro. Unfortunately, these two laptops with Window 11 both...
  10. Sharing a file between 2 window computers in which both parties can see updates done to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a file between 2 window computers in which both parties can see updates done to...: I want to share an image file between 2 computers which can be edited by both parties, and both parties can see these edited changes. Any help is appreciated....