Windows 10: Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option?

Discus and support Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I get how minimalism is a big goal right now, but as a matter of ease of access, I really depend on never combining the taskbar as often as possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whiskai, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Whiskai Win User

Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option?

I get how minimalism is a big goal right now, but as a matter of ease of access, I really depend on never combining the taskbar as often as possible. This goes even with having dozens of windows open. Not combining the taskbar also helps with only showing the window on multiple screens, greatly improving desktop organization, allowing me to pull up a window, on the screen I need it, without cluttering the taskbar of other windows. Having the 'Never Combine' option is definitely a utility, and not just a visual feature that is tied to minimalism. The option should not have been removed enti

:)

Whiskai, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option? :) Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option? :)

Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option? 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Oct 23, 2021
  4. par_0511 Win User

How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?

Good day Kev! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are looking into having taskbar buttons to not combine on your PC.

Kindly check and try the steps below and see how it goes.

- Right click on the taskbar

- Click on the Taskbar settings

- Look for the option Combine taskbar buttons and click on the drop down arrow and select Never

- Try to open multiple window in Firefox and see if it is not combined anymore

You can also refer to the link below with regards to the Taskbar:

https://support.microsoft.com/xx-xx/help/29280/...

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option? - Similar Threads - bring 'Never Combine

2. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  3. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  4. "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11: there doesn't appear to be an option to "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11, where can i find it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-combine-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/856279f9-7abf-453c-81e4-0c7c147efef0
  5. "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11: there doesn't appear to be an option to "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11, where can i find it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-combine-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/856279f9-7abf-453c-81e4-0c7c147efef0
  6. Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we bring back the 'Never Combine Taskbar' option?: I get how minimalism is a big goal right now, but as a matter of ease of access, I really depend on never combining the taskbar as often as possible. This goes even with having dozens of windows open. Not combining the taskbar also helps with only showing the window on...
  7. How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?: I think I have to change something on Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics; but what? I just want them to be a bit smaller in width. I found something to make the buttons bigger, but not smaller. submitted by /u/Bohzee [link] [comments]...
  8. Never combine taskbar icons not working windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Never combine taskbar icons not working windows 10 version 1903: All my taskbar icons (all wordpad docs) ) are stuck together and move together as one when i drag them. I am able to reposition other icons on the taskbar so it's only the wordpad docs that are stuck together. I have settings set to Never combine. Please fix. Not sure if this...
  9. Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never: Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never this just started happening this week. before that they were fine. Cass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-are-combining-even-though-they-are/ad3dd2ee-8ac7-47c7-94aa-95891c3e0820
  10. Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10: How to: Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 How to Always, Sometimes, or Never Combine Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by...