Windows 10: Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?

Discus and support Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] Like In Pic (On Windows 7) I Need Change From White Colour to Grey. Can I Do This On Windows 10 ? 42528 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gunzorla, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?

Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ? [​IMG]

Like In Pic (On Windows 7)

I Need Change From White Colour to Grey. Can I Do This On Windows 10 ?

:)

Gunzorla, Feb 29, 2016

2. 12 Feb 2018 My Win10 IE background colour has suddenly changed to a pale dirty greyish pink

It's also changed the background in Windows Explorer - in the File/Home/Share/View options background, so it's not just IE .

I've tried changing Colours in

InternetOptions - General/Appearance/Colours"

unticked "Use Windows Colours" box, and selected manually - but no good.

Paul W7pro64 W10x32 XPx32, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Arturian# Win User
    renaming a file/folder in windows 10 does not allow enough time to rename.

The solution to this is to turn off something you may not know you had. One of the new personalisations in Windows 8 (& 7?) allows your file manager window to take its colour from your background, ( and this was set by default you didn't have to select
    it) so every time your desktop background changes ( with a slide show) the file manager/ file explorer / PC explorer ( or whatever they are calling it now) changes colour too. But in Windows 10 this refreshes the window ( and resets any file name changing
    you are in the middle of). The solution is in the other posts if you do have slide show ( autochanging background picture) for your desk top.

Arturian#, Feb 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you install Qttabbar (Quizo's version) - freeware, adds tabs to explorer- there are many options to change the colours of a number of regions of explorer, not all. Some find difficulty in locating the options.

There's nothing like the flexibility in Win 7 and earlier for theming. Also see the high contrast themes in Customisation.

dalchina, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ? - Similar Threads - Change File Explorer

2. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  3. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  4. Changing print background colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing print background colour: When I try to print a form I get a black background with white writing. How do I change the background colour so that I get a white background with black writing?...
  5. my background/file explorer are all coloured black

my background/file explorer are all coloured black: Can someone help me understand why my File Explorer and Google Search Bar are black. I was changing my colours and themes but I cannot see any place that I changed anything to black. Have reset to default and still my File Explorer is black background. Help Please...
  6. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  7. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do we change the background color of file explorer?: We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast...
  8. Change Folder Background Colour

Change Folder Background Colour: How to change Folder Background Colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-folder-background-colour/1ad34827-a83d-4f7b-afa6-3b7e1cc91499
  9. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229
  10. How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White

How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White: Is there an easy way to just change the file explorer background colour from white to another colour (light grey) with Win 10? I don't want to change to a different theme etc such as high contrast etc...I just want to change the background colour of the main file explorer...