Windows 10: Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?

Discus and support Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm looking to pick up a Surface Pro 4 over the holidays and I need control over whether my machine gets updates or not and when as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by narutoninjakid, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?

Hello guys,

I'm looking to pick up a Surface Pro 4 over the holidays and I need control over whether my machine gets updates or not and when as well. I just updated my Desktop PC to the Anniversary update and it looks like the deferred upgrades option is no longer present and from some research looks like this setting is only being respected on the enterprise edition even when using the Local Group policy Editor. My Question is if i spend extra to get the enterprise edition will it work on the Surface Pro 4. I know the surface Pro 4 comes with the Windows 10 Pro edition. Is it simple to just clean wipe the device and install windows through the UEFI and using a USB. Also could I just simply install all the drivers again or would that come down automatically on the device. If anyone has any links to a good thread on the surface pro 4 and installing new windows versions i would appreciate it. Thanks

:)

narutoninjakid, Nov 13, 2016
  2. Neeron Win User

Windows 10 latest upgrade

Hi AnthonyTarakdjian,

Can you reply back which version of windows you are running and your PC (Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Enterprise)

Thanks,

Neeron, Nov 13, 2016
  3. BitLocker Network Unlock Surface Pro 4

Hi Vanessa

we use Windows 10 1607 Enterprise Edition for all our notebooks.

Network Unlock is working for any other devices, except for Surface Pro 4.

Regards

Simon

Brunner Simon, Nov 13, 2016
  4. nt62 Win User

Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?

5. Are you aware that Enterprise is only available via a Volume License subscription? And that said subscription is normally only available to corporate customers?

alphanumeric, Nov 13, 2016
  6. As far as I know Enterprise uses the same drivers that Pro, or any other version of Windows 10 does. I've run Home, Pro, Enterprise and Education versions on my laptop with no issues. All with the Windows update supplied drivers. My laptop shipped with 8.0 Core, and there are no Windows 10 drivers available from ASUS for it.

Also, even with the Enterprise edition, to get full control over updates, I believe you need access to Windows Update for Business. That would only be available on a corporate network.

7. nt62 Win User
    Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ? [​IMG]

8. nt62 Win User

disagree only from experience > I have NOT EVER received an update. (or notification)

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    And then what will the OP do when the evaluation expires?

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2016
  10. nt62 Win User
    The implication is that an evaluation has no value.
    Microsoft provides them for FREE.

A computer user / hobbyist / tech / professional / can choose what to do.

11. Kari Win User
    The evaluation version stops working when evaluation period is over. It cannot be activated, to get a licensed version installed it can only be done by clean install.

Using your words, "a computer user / hobbyist / tech / professional" has very little alternatives.

12. nt62 Win User
    True Kari:

Update > Server 2016 evaluation can be activated to a full version.

13. Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?

Yes but isn't it all or nothing? Can you pick which updates you want from the list? With Windows Update for Business you can pick and chose which ones you want and what you don't want. And, can't you block all updates with from Pro? If yes why use Enterprise?

14. Kari Win User
    Who has said something about Server 2016? What on earth does it have to do with the topic of this thread? In this thread we are talking about Windows 10 Enterprise edition. It can't be converted to a retail version.

I can of course understand your need to be right and not to accept to be corrected but that went a bit too far. Server 2016 has nothing (I repeat: nothing!) to do with Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation.

A volume licensing product like Enterprise has no retail licenses. Comparing it to a product which has normal retail licenses available does not make no sense. Absolutely no sense.

15. Even if you could switch from evale to full version, there is no option to Enter a Retail key for Enterprise. It uses VL activation, which usually isn't a viable option for a consumer. Unless you have an MSDN subscription etc.

Thema:

1. Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ? - Similar Threads - install Enterprise Edtion

2. Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.: I have a Surface Pro 4 i5, 4GB running Windows 10 1809 and I was wondering if I can install Windows 10 2004 without having any issues? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-2004-on-surface-pro-4/a8ef6acf-e4df-4891-a46a-d491d7659d25
  3. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304