Windows 10: Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?

Discus and support Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys. I got a problem with my wifi whereas when I do ping google.com -t, I am having long queues of: (like every few minutes) Request time out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 27saints, Nov 16, 2016.

1. 27saints Win User

Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?

Hi guys. I got a problem with my wifi whereas when I do ping google.com -t, I am having long queues of:
    (like every few minutes)

Request time out
    Request time out
    General failure
    General failure

or high pings

I had this problems on 2 ASUS pcs. I returned the first one since it also has KERNEL issues. Both PCs started out fine but when their windows updated, these issues started to appear or I believe so.

This is my wifi adapter:

Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

My windows is Windows 10 Home Version 1607 Build 14393.447

:)

27saints, Nov 16, 2016
  2. FranPen Win User

Wifi piggyback?

Can someone piggyback my wifi and, if so, can this interfere with the wifi performance I'm getting?

FranPen, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Moving Win10 Fall Creator Update to external hard drive for install

Hi Barb,

Interference with the update can also be caused by devices location (router) and Internet speed.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. If I uninstall my WiFi drivers will this be enough to stop the interference with the update?

• There is no guarantee that reinstalling the WiFi driver will immediately resolve update interference since there are other factors that we need to consider when installing the update like the Internet speed and location of routers, devices, and etc.

2. Will it be looking for the drivers that go with my original WiFi card OR some generic driver that MS includes?

• Windows will look for a generic driver in order for the device to work, but you can always download and install the driver directly from the manufacturers website.

3. I know that the Update is downloaded in Software Distribution folder BUT how do I know WHICH update it is so I can move it to the external drive? How do I make sure my computer knows it is installing from the external on the reboots? Is the
    WiFi necessary for the reboots.

• There is no way to install Windows Update to another drive or even external storage.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?

have u tried updating or reinstalling Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN's Driver?

MirnaDorris, Nov 16, 2016
  5. 27saints Win User
    I already did. Last night when I turned the firewall off, it seems that it fixed the problem but it's been the same today *Sad

27saints, Nov 16, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    You could try these:
    1. Switch to 5GHz band if you are using 2.4GHz band.
    2. Switch to different DNS address, OpenDNS or googleDNS.
    3. Go to settings, Network & Internet, WiFi and then Manage known networks, select if you have any of your neighbour's WiFi and click forget.
    Hope one of these will help.

brummyfan, Nov 16, 2016
  7. 27saints Win User
    It seems we have both? 2.4 and 5 GHZ. Also, it only happens during the day. Around midnight it is working just fine. Another thing is, our former wifi is still active. Could that cost problems?

27saints, Nov 16, 2016
  8. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Yes, as you have a AC router, 5GHz work better and you could change that by going to Device Manager> expand network adapter> right click, Properties> Advanced tab> change the preferred band.
    You can also ignore your former WiFi following the steps 3 from my previous post.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity? - Similar Threads - Update interfere WIFI

2. Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...: I am wondering why I get reports of computer slowdowns and connectivity issues every time a Cumulative Update Preview or feature updates are waiting to be downloaded and installed? After the install everything goes back to normal. It has become my first question replacing...
  3. Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update Preview and feature updates interferes with internet connectivity until...: I am wondering why I get reports of computer slowdowns and connectivity issues every time a Cumulative Update Preview or feature updates are waiting to be downloaded and installed? After the install everything goes back to normal. It has become my first question replacing...
  4. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not connect to wifi: Hello,I can not use the wifi since laptop do not connect to wifi adapter and need help. Thanks,Canan Guc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-to-wifi/7dff0048-300f-4b7a-8539-524a39afa1fa
  5. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not connect to wifi: Hello,I can not use the wifi since laptop do not connect to wifi adapter and need help. Thanks,Canan Guc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-to-wifi/7dff0048-300f-4b7a-8539-524a39afa1fa
  6. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Bluetooth interference with Wifi

Bluetooth interference with Wifi: Why does bluetooth kill my internet connection? It was dong well till yesterday. But today, when i connected bluetooth headphones, internet went off. Please help me with this. Thank you...
  8. Can not connect to the wifi

Can not connect to the wifi: Hi, I have an Acer Switch Alpha12 Tablet running Window 10. I keep the drivers and the OS updated at all time. In the recent month, I have been having problem with WiFi connectivity, where the I lose WiFi connection frequently everyday. To remedy the problem, I normally...
  9. Wifi & Bluetooth Interference

Wifi & Bluetooth Interference: Hi, I'm going insane. Since 2 days whenever I have my Bluetooth switched on (and a BT speaker connected, but also other devices) my wifi goes extremely slow, has issues connecting and falters. Everyone on Youtube becomes a beatboxer. When Bluetooth is switched off,...
  10. windows update interfere with sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows update interfere with sound?: Greetings I had to go back (recover) to a backup (True Image clone of C*Smile from Dec. 1 due to a problem I couldn't solve. It worked and solved the problem (until now). After this recovery I lost windows last update and returned from ver.1709 to ver.1703. This was...