Windows 10: Can ya run 2 routers off the same phone line

Discus and support Can ya run 2 routers off the same phone line in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; line every time i plug the second one in the main one drops out 94758 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bhanner, Oct 3, 2017.

1. bhanner Win User

Can ya run 2 routers off the same phone line

line every time i plug the second one in the main one drops out

:)

bhanner, Oct 3, 2017
  2. markbray1 Win User

new laptop crashes wifi network

Thanks for your reply. However it doesn't matter if the laptop is close far away or even plugged into the router using a cable. As soon as my laptop connects to the router my internet goes unusable on all other devices even though the laptop isn't on the
    internet its just connected to it. It has to be an issue with the laptop as it is fine with my old one and all other devices like 2 phones, smart tv and Xbox can all run at the same time seamlessly. But connect my new laptop to the router and it makes them
    all unusably online even though it isn't on the web just connected to the network. I spent an hour on the phone to my ISP and there is nothing wrong with my line or router apparently.........

markbray1, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Julees Win User
    internet problems

Have you tried a new router/modem?

If you are successful at connecting to the internet for a few hours then IMO there is nothing wrong with your network adapter on the computer.

So - the problem is probably with the phone line or the router/modem

In wet/damp/humid weather the phone jack connection can get corroded - so its good that your ISP is running a line test. Did they find anything of concern?

Do you have a Modem + Router - Have you tried a different router port?

With an OLD Modem/router they can misbehave if they get hot and there are 'dry joints' on the electronic board inside the router. The wifi part is OK but the internet part is not.

Try a new Modem/Router

Julees, Oct 3, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Think of your line in as one ip address, additional routers have to be added as nodes of the network...

dmholt57, Oct 3, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    You can only use one Modem (part of what many people call a "Router"). You can have any number of routers, switches, wireless access points etc after that modem.

What is popularly know as a "Router" generally consists of a Modem which connects to your ISP, then a router/switch/Wireless Access Point/hardware firewall.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can ya run 2 routers off the same phone line - Similar Threads - run routers off

2. Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two computers - 2 download speeds - same router: Hi I have 2 computers - one Windows and one Linux both wireless. Both sit side by side next to the router. Using Ookla - The Linux gives 50mbps and the W10 22Mbps both running just firefox. Any ideas why the half speed on W10 Twin N2830 2.16 chip and how to fix it?...
  3. 2 routers - access to outside router devices

2 routers - access to outside router devices: I have an ASUS router rt-ac66u behind an HH3000 routerSagecomm 5566. When directly connected to the HH3000 by WiFi, I can see It's USB storage using \\mynetwork in documentation per the ISPs instruction. When only connected to the ASUS i did setup a route and, I can ping...
  4. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  5. how do I run defender off line?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I run defender off line?: I try to run defender offline and it indicates my system is controlled by my organization. I have none and it is a home computer. I try to change security settings and it indicates some options are controlled by the same nonexistent organization. Was this security designed...
  6. Where can i turn off DLNA on router?

Where can i turn off DLNA on router?: Hi Everything connected to the network is showing as a media devices, i read that i need to disable DLNA. I have turned it off through my control panel on the computer but i can't find where to turn it off on the router. I have a TPlink archer vr600. Thank you [img] 144406
  7. direct phone line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    direct phone line: i need to speak to a live person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-phone-line/75f2c503-d36f-4403-8493-450b0a0dd4e5
  8. devices running off router

devices running off router: how do I find out what devices are running off my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-running-off-router/db1749e1-d2b0-486b-ac0c-bf2a5a1cdfc1
  9. Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?: Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own built-in VPN, plus I also have Tunnel Bear VPN installed, but not running at same time with Opera. I reserve Tunnel Bear for...
  10. 2 Router Profiles

2 Router Profiles: I have 2 router profiles- one Private for configuring router page, printing, etc.- the other a Guest profile for intrnet surfing only.- no configuring, no printing , etc. both have the same ssid but different passwords.- I want to use the guest profile just for testing...