Windows 10: Can you be signed into an app twice?

Discus and support Can you be signed into an app twice? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Because if you can't I sure as hell have found the exception. It's that same annoying people app that I am having issues with on my phone, but on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johninadelaide6, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Can you be signed into an app twice?

Because if you can't I sure as hell have found the exception.

It's that same annoying people app that I am having issues with on my phone, but on my laptop.

ASUS Book Flip TP200 running the most recent Windows ten build.

I'll just post the screenshot of what has happened.

Can you be signed into an app twice? [​IMG]

How can I fix this? I don't know how it got signed in twice.

:)

Johninadelaide6, Apr 26, 2017

2. My son signed into an xbox live app on his grandfathers phone,my best course of action?

Deleting the account is really the only course of action. Unfortunately, if this was the first Live account created on the phone, it would require hard-resetting the phone.

Alternatively, you could change your Live password, which should lock grandpa out of the account the next time the phone is rebooted.

ToddAllcock, Apr 26, 2017
  3. My son signed into an xbox live app on his grandfathers phone,my best course of action?

Hi Guys

My son signed into an xbox live app on his grandfathers phone, i assume using my microsoft live account. Now his grandfather has full access to my emails as well as many other things linked to live I would imagine.

Whats my best course of action?

GerryGreer100000000000, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can you be signed into an app twice?

Hello @Johninadelaide6, *Smile

Yes, you sure can sign in to an app with more than one Microsoft account (MSA).

You should be able to click/tap on the MSA you don't want, and click/tap on the "Delete account" option to remove it.

Can you be signed into an app twice? [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 27, 2017
  5. I did that. But my issue was that it was the same account, the email address in the screenshot which I pixelated was the same address but listed twice.

I ended up deleting the account off the laptop and then signing in fresh as if I had not had on on the machine. Seems to have solved the issue but there's still the issue with people app not syncing on the laptop and on my phone, everywhere else it seems to work fine.

Johninadelaide6, Apr 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 27, 2017
  7. Johninadelaide6, Apr 27, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 27, 2017
  9. Johninadelaide6, Apr 27, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 27, 2017
  11. Johninadelaide6, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you be signed into an app twice? - Similar Threads - signed app twice

2. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: Why is my computer doing this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-install-an-app-for-this-task-on-sign/764f456a-631d-4315-a999-681250d2dfa8
  3. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...: I was messing around my account for a password change but then I created a local account and setup a password and then I signed out of my Microsoft account and when I again tried to access my Microsoft accounts through pin it said "You must sign in to this device once with...
  4. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with...: I was messing around my account for a password change but then I created a local account and setup a password and then I signed out of my Microsoft account and when I again tried to access my Microsoft accounts through pin it said "You must sign in to this device once with...
  5. Windows profile signing in twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows profile signing in twice: I have a client with an intermittent issue where she locks her screen and then tries to sign back in locally or remotely, but it signs her into a second instance of her user rather than just signing her into the same profile instance as before. This has been verified in task...
  6. Windows profile signing in twice

Windows profile signing in twice: I have a client with an intermittent issue where she locks her screen and then tries to sign back in locally or remotely, but it signs her into a second instance of her user rather than just signing her into the same profile instance as before. This has been verified in task...
  7. Windows profile signing in twice

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

"You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: i made a new account on my windows laptop when i tried login it showed ""You need to install an app for this task" on sign in" if i press yes it Choosing yes or no just brings up the sign in button again. Anyone know a fix please?...
  9. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: So I was using my computer yesterday, and today i went to start it up again. But it wont let me sign in, when i use the face scan method, it says I need to set up a pin, and I’ve had this computer for a couple months, and to be honest I never bothered to do so, and it also...
  10. How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?: Would like to know how to use MS account vice local. Right now I do not know how I am since installation did not seem to allow any change from the start....