Windows 10: Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

Discus and support Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? I am thinking specifically of wake timers created by Update Orchestrator, which cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? I am thinking specifically of wake timers created by Update Orchestrator, which cannot be permanently disabled no matter how many settings you alter (and believe me, I have spent hours and days trying to permanently stop my machine being woken from sleep by this nonsense).

At the moment all I can do is run powercfg -waketimers from an admin prompt before every time I put the machine to sleep, and if I spot a wake timer I then have to rummage around in the task scheduler to find the offending timer and turn off waking yet again for the zillionth time. Ideally I would like to automate this so I can just put the machine to sleep at the touch of a button as if I were dealing with a user-friendly operating system.

:)

ricecrispies, Sep 22, 2015

2. Can wake timers be cancelled from the command prompt or a script?

I have been trying until I bleed to stop Windows 10 waking from sleep, but it seems there is absolutely no way of stopping it setting wake timers to perform updates. So I am reduced to running "powercfg -waketimers" every time I put the machine to sleep
    and then disabling any wake timers in the task scheduler control panel, which takes an annoying amount of time. Is there instead a way of cancelling wake timers from the command line, and would it be possible to automate the cancelling of wake timers with
    a script?

swamp#thing, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Can wake timers be cancelled from the command prompt or a script?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps sand check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type sleep on the Windows search bar and select
      Change when the PC sleeps.

• Click on Power & Sleep, now click and choose
      Never under the Sleep option.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 22, 2015
  4. voldemarz Win User

Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

I would like to know this as well. I have Wake Timers disabled in Windows 10, but PC keeps waking up from timers.

voldemarz, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Gunstar Win User
    Try run CM, then

sc stop "UsoSvc"
    sc config "UsoSvc" start= disabled

if that doesn't work visit:

Library>Microsoft>Windows>UpdateOrchestrator.
    Then right-click on the Reboot and select Properties, then click on Conditions , then untick the Wake the computer checkbox then hit OK.

Gunstar, Sep 23, 2015
  6. If I understand correctly, that would disable the update orchestrator altogether, which is not what I want because I don't want to miss out on security updates. Is there a way to have automatic updates when my machine is on, but only disable the wake timers?

ricecrispies, Sep 23, 2015
  7. Gunstar Win User
    Unless you could code up a batch file probably not. (from my experience)

Gunstar, Sep 23, 2015
  8. voldemarz Win User

I have done that, but somehow wake timer still gets scheduled. As I said I have disabled wake timers for all power plans, so it shouldn't even be possible. Annoyingly, the new version of Spotify (1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51) also creates timers, very frequent ones, causing PC to constantly wake up...
    Code: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\valdis\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe expires at 20:45:44 on 24.09.2015. Reason: generic[/quote]

voldemarz, Sep 23, 2015
  9. (Reply to Gunstar)
    Thanks for helping me with this. I think it's becoming a tiny bit clearer.

Are you implying that I might be able to have a batch file run the two commands you have suggested as a scheduled task when the machine sleeps or hibernates, and then presumably have another batch file do the reverse when the machine wakes? I'm familiar with having scripts run on sleeping and waking in Linux, but I'm not so familiar with how these things work in Windows.

ricecrispies, Sep 23, 2015
  10. Gunstar Win User
    [/quote] Yeah that was one I had trouble with. The current "fix" is close Spotify before you put your machine to sleep. It will stay asleep as long as Spotify is closed!

Yeah exactly that. Not sure how to implement though sorry *Sad

Gunstar, Sep 24, 2015
  11. voldemarz Win User
    In answers of a question on superuser.com is a powershell script for disabling wake ability for all scheduled tasks. It is scheduled to run every 30 minutes, that should take care of UpdateOrchestrator, unless you put PC to sleep right after updates have installed when wake toggle gets reenabled and before powershell script gets a chance to execute.

voldemarz, Sep 24, 2015
  12. Could the scheduled task be modified to run the script on lock? I'm assuming that this would include the locking that happens before sleep and hibernate. I'm looking at the instructions here for clues about how to do this in Windows 10. I don't have time to try it out right now unfortunately.

ricecrispies, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? - Similar Threads - delete wake timers

2. How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt: As stated in the question, I simply need to delete SynTp.sys. For a while now, I have been having problem with BSOD's coming from this driver. I have a windows 11 laptop, and I use it as a pc, so I close the lid and attach a moniter and mouse/keyboard. As such, I dont care...
  3. How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt: As stated in the question, I simply need to delete SynTp.sys. For a while now, I have been having problem with BSOD's coming from this driver. I have a windows 11 laptop, and I use it as a pc, so I close the lid and attach a moniter and mouse/keyboard. As such, I dont care...
  4. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  5. Deleted folder from command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder from command prompt: I was deleting some useless folders with command prompt, and I tried to delete a folder called "." or ".." Then desktop's icons deleted, and application bar's icons too. Chrome also formatted, Office logged out, and some other programs also did. Then I rebooted and now...
  6. Command prompt what can you do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt what can you do?: Hello, I have just discovered the command prompt on my computer (search+cmd), but so far I can only change the font color. What can you do there not so everything? Will the changes only be saved there or do I change my whole computer? Do you know cool codes?...
  7. Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you access msconfig via command prompt?: Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"? My laptop is win 10 ver 1909. It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from...
  8. Wake timers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...
  9. How do you delete a wake timer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete a wake timer?: I've finally found a script that claims to stop Windows Update booting my machine when it is powered off by rendering the UpdateOrchestrator "reboot" scheduled task toothless. Maybe it will work. In the meantime the trouble is that I still have one wake timer that has already...
  10. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows delete wake timer

2. windows 10 delete wake timer

3. how to delete a waketimer

4. UsoSvc wake,
  5. delete wake timer