Windows 10: Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt

Discus and support Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each desktops? And can you have desktops saved permanently even after a reboot? 42072 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Bansaw Win User

Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt

Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each desktops?
    And can you have desktops saved permanently even after a reboot?

:)

Bansaw, Feb 25, 2016

2. Managing multiple desktops, can i customise them for different work environments?

In windows 10, can i use Desktop 1 for recreation so have all my recreational apps pined, shortcuts and apps open. And then Desktop 2 for work with work links and programs pinned or shortcuts to desk top present? So have different wall paper, short cuts
    etc, on each desktop to simulate a different computer?

AliceAlexander, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    different backrounds on different desktops on the same computer

this was something asked for in early insider builds (over a year ago) you could upvote that request here feedback-hub:?contextid=216&feedbackid=ea92e239-8fdf-4fc4-897a-b2cf16ef88b6&form=1&src=2

or use the feedback app to post another request.

sorry don't know of any third party app that will do it.

[edit] for some reason it strips the link when I submit it, paste the following line into edge then click upvote

feedback-hub:?contextid=216&feedbackid=ea92e239-8fdf-4fc4-897a-b2cf16ef88b6&form=1&src=2

Martmcd, Feb 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Yes. You use Local Accounts, not Live Accounts. Do not allow One Drive to sync your Live account for the Roaming profile, you can do anything that you want.

bro67, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Bansaw Win User
    Thanks, - I mean without having to log off and log back in again. Can I just switch with a keypress?

Bansaw, Feb 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is called "Virtual Desktop". It has been around since XP. That is what the Task View button is for in Windows 10.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you have different desktops with different SHORTCUTS on each deskt - Similar Threads - different desktops different

2. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?: I have two screens for my PC. I want one taskbar to have all my entertainment related shortcuts and the other to have all my work related shortcuts. I don't want to clutter the screen with shortcuts and would like the taskbar to hold them. Is there a way to make the taskbar...
  3. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?: I have two screens for my PC. I want one taskbar to have all my entertainment related shortcuts and the other to have all my work related shortcuts. I don't want to clutter the screen with shortcuts and would like the taskbar to hold them. Is there a way to make the taskbar...
  4. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can You Have Different Font Sizes for Different Files of Notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can You Have Different Font Sizes for Different Files of Notepad?: Whenever I choose to resize text in a new file of notepad, it also changes my previous files of notepad to the same size I'm using in my new file. Making every file that I have in notepad the same, consistent size. Is it possible for each file to have a its own unique size...
  6. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  7. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  8. Can you have two different Chrome sign-ins on two different virtual desktops

Can you have two different Chrome sign-ins on two different virtual desktops: Hey everyone, thank you in advance for you help. I have a personal and school Google/Gmail account. Part of my course involves Google classroom and it's already becoming tedious switching into my school Google account so often. I like the idea of having two virtual desktops...
  9. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...
  10. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can virtual desktop have diffent shortcuts?