Windows 10: Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account?

Discus and support Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I think all the issues I am having with W10 are user account based. Under Users on the C: drive, I have two Users being shown. I have no idea how that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gator5000e, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account?

I think all the issues I am having with W10 are user account based. Under Users on the C: drive, I have two Users being shown. I have no idea how that happened. I tried to figure out which one Windows was using, which I thought I did and deleted the other one (names it user.old, actually). Windows recreated that user directory. And now I am having issues searching my computer using the W10 search. I believe this is user related as I created a dummy user account and search worked perfectly when I logged into it. I really need search in my work.

So my question is, after that wordy intro, is there a way to create a new User with Admin rights and then import all my settings, programs, and files to that new account so everything runs like it does on my current user account, but without all the user problems? Maybe this wouldn't solve my issues, but it seems as if it would be worth a shot.

A in-place repair is not a viable option for me as I continually get the Modern Host error during the setup.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts on this.

:)

Gator5000e, Oct 15, 2015
  2. HotToner Win User

you can import photos into windows 10

Buy a ZTE blade edge 6 phone it is the only phone I know that has controls to control the photo importing on the android handset. Not the pc. Then you can control the importing of photos onto your operating system not the other way around.

Just lucky to have one to find that out. also the eject from computer needs to be safe to eject by switching ZTE to charge phone only first before ejecting.

Hope this helps seek help to import into windows 10 via your handsets.

Or I guess in windows 10 Phone companion but you have to use one drive. Although ZTE photo import was also duplicated by drive at the time.

ZTE Tomorrow never waits great phone

[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre]

HotToner, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Removing a User

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

If you have important data (files/folders) in the user account you wish to remove, why don't you copy and save in the new user account?

Programs cannot be copied and saved, however, you can make a list of programs that may be removed as well and install those programs in the new user.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account?

1. Can You Import Settings, Programs and Files into a new User Account? - Similar Threads - Import Settings Programs

2. Can you change your user name to a new account. Not an allies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you change your user name to a new account. Not an allies?: can I change my reg user name and create a totally new account just for the registration and to keep everything separate for my laptop? I plan to use the account for my cctv security system and don't want to have anything else being done with it....
  3. Can you change your user name to a new account. Not an allies?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you change your user name to a new account. Not an allies?: can I change my reg user name and create a totally new account just for the registration and to keep everything separate for my laptop? I plan to use the account for my cctv security system and don't want to have anything else being done with it....
  4. User Account Settings and Program 86x Files Deletion Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Settings and Program 86x Files Deletion Error: This is a new gaming pc and I installed avira on my computer along with avast. I clearly noticed that avast works better and google searches said avira only works better on mac/apple so I proceeded to uninstall it. I later found it in my task manager and opened its location....
  5. User Account Settings and Program 86x Files Deletion Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Settings and Program 86x Files Deletion Error: This is a new gaming pc and I installed avira on my computer along with avast. I clearly noticed that avast works better and google searches said avira only works better on mac/apple so I proceeded to uninstall it. I later found it in my task manager and opened its location....
  6. User Account Settings and Program 86x Files Deletion Error

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?: Hello! If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I created a new user on my computer and some programs and files came with it and some didn't. submitted by /u/ReactedLizard...
  8. Can You Restore Deleted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can You Restore Deleted User Account?: I accidentally deleted a user account. Is there a way to get it back without doing a system restore? Is the system restore my only option? 14465
  9. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...
  10. Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user: Hi, Is it possible to migrate settings, programs and files to another user in Windows 10 Pro? Or... Is it possible to just change the user accounts name, email address etc without having to migrate anything? If so, how? Thanks. 19611