Windows 10: Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?

Discus and support Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might be a dumb question, but can you install Windows 10 drivers onto a Windows 7 system? I upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago, and suffered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zalteck, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Zalteck Win User

Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?

This might be a dumb question, but can you install Windows 10 drivers onto a Windows 7 system?
    I upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago, and suffered a sleuth of problems that led me to reverting back to Windows 7. I've concluded out-dated drivers were to blame, as my motherboard's manufacture website contains a selection of current Windows 10 specific drivers.
    Rather than downloading windows 10 again and having to push through all the issues to install these drivers, is it possible to install them now while on Windows 7, then upgrade?

:)

Zalteck, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DanAz_66 Win User

before you install windows 10

you may do some research about windows 10 privacy concerns

then you decide if you're ok to let Microsoft own your computer

Good Luck..!!!

DanAz_66, Aug 9, 2015
  3. MrKvasi Win User
    "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."

I've tried those, they made no difference.

MrKvasi, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

I would download the OEM windows 10 drivers
    and clean install windows 10, and run the drivers setup

Since you already upgraded to get activation
    Just choose SKIP when ask for Key while doing Clean Install of 10

Kyhi, Aug 9, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    Upgrade then install your drivers. I upgraded from 7 to 10 and in the process lost Bluetooth hub driver.

Copy them to your desktop and after upgrade install again (if you need to). You can check on *Start X then M and see if they are installed or not...

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating? - Similar Threads - install drivers before

2. Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing: Good morning, I need to install a Windows partition on my computer for work-related reasons. However, the Windows Installer (the official one, provided by Microsoft's website) displays the following error right after choosing languages: "A media driver your computer needs...
  3. Should you install Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10 Updates?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Updates regularly. It can be security updates, a significant upgrade or cumulative updates. Given the problems that Windows 10 updates cause – some people have this lingering question in their minds – Should you install [...]...
  4. Can you please re update Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you please re update Windows 10?: Because in the latest update my computer went crazy. CPU usage was around 80% even at idle. It fluctuates. From 20% - 75% to sometimes 80%. Trust me. Trust me. THIS was not how my computer was before the update. I was able to play video games and emulators with 40 - 50%...
  5. How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers?

How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers?: I use a laptop with AMD APU and an AMD GPU. After a damn update, my GPU seems dead or isn't working properly and triggers BSOD whenever it is switched on/ Used by any app. I somehow found out that using APU doesn't trigger any problems so am using it as for now. But windows...
  6. Can you setup Windows to require input before printing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you setup Windows to require input before printing?: I am trying to create some accountability and tracking for print jobs. Our company has a shared computer that connects to a couple of printers that print expensive jobs on expensive material and there has been a lot of waste. I'm wondering if there is a way to configure...
  7. You need to format the disk before you can use it

You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....
  8. You Can install october update for windows Now!

You Can install october update for windows Now!: you can install windows october update now by windows update or update assistant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-can-install-october-update-for-windows-now/5505c4b3-e1a7-4482-a784-b67a6931358f
  9. Can you recover a copied text if your computer shutsdown before you paste?

Can you recover a copied text if your computer shutsdown before you paste?: Can you recover a copied text if your computer shutsdown before you paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-you-recover-a-copied-text-if-your-computer/11c2858d-27f8-4f0c-b198-9167e0286cea
  10. Can you install Windows 10 on a USB stick?

Can you install Windows 10 on a USB stick?: I often run Ubuntu Linux off of a USB onto which it has been installed. I'm just wondering, can you do the same with Windows 10 in that you install Windows 10 on a USB stick and then you can boot/run Windows 10 off the stick? Thank you 71021