Windows 10: Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?

Discus and support Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might be a dumb question, but can you install Windows 10 drivers onto a Windows 7 system? I upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago, and suffered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zalteck, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Zalteck Win User

Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?

This might be a dumb question, but can you install Windows 10 drivers onto a Windows 7 system?
    I upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago, and suffered a sleuth of problems that led me to reverting back to Windows 7. I've concluded out-dated drivers were to blame, as my motherboard's manufacture website contains a selection of current Windows 10 specific drivers.
    Rather than downloading windows 10 again and having to push through all the issues to install these drivers, is it possible to install them now while on Windows 7, then upgrade?

:)

Zalteck, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DanAz_66 Win User

before you install windows 10

you may do some research about windows 10 privacy concerns

then you decide if you're ok to let Microsoft own your computer

Good Luck..!!!

DanAz_66, Aug 9, 2015
  3. MrKvasi Win User
    "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."

I've tried those, they made no difference.

MrKvasi, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

I would download the OEM windows 10 drivers
    and clean install windows 10, and run the drivers setup

Since you already upgraded to get activation
    Just choose SKIP when ask for Key while doing Clean Install of 10

Kyhi, Aug 9, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    Upgrade then install your drivers. I upgraded from 7 to 10 and in the process lost Bluetooth hub driver.

Copy them to your desktop and after upgrade install again (if you need to). You can check on *Start X then M and see if they are installed or not...

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating? - Similar Threads - install drivers before

2. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  3. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  4. Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update: I have an hp pavilion laptop Until around 2018 I had been receiving all of the updates automatically then they stopped. I didn't notice right away because I'm notconstantly on my computer. My computer came with windows 10 home already installed. I have been getting...
  5. Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?: Microsoft moved driver updates in Windows 10 from the Device Manager to the Optional Updates section of the Windows Updates settings application this year after the company announced the change in 2019. Windows 10 administrators who check these optional updates may see one...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish: Hi All, I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I keep all my important files on an external drive. I reformatted the drive from the...
  7. How to Check drivers before install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Check drivers before install of Windows 10: I am trying to check to see if my drivers are ok, before I update to Win 10. Not quite sure how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Be kind,lol, I am 74 yrs old and still learning TIA 150513
  8. Can you install Windows Updates in Safe Mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can you install Windows Updates in Safe Mode in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Safe Mode is one of the best ways to troubleshoot problems in Windows. If installing a particular update can fix your problem, and you cannot do it in normal mode, then you should install Windows Updates in Safe Mode. You [...] This post Can you install...
  9. do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909: I wish to know, if you have to download all updates, or only some, before you can update to new major version like 1909. Because there are some bad updates, i use wutm wrapper script and i would rather choose manually. Thanks for reply :) 145295
  10. You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....