Windows 10: Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?

Discus and support Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I have used the dictation feature in Windows 10, if I don't say anything for maybe 10 seconds, dictation stops on its own. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew1492, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?

Hi,

When I have used the dictation feature in Windows 10, if I don't say anything for maybe 10 seconds, dictation stops on its own. I would like to leave dictation on for a long period of time with many periods of silence. Can you change a setting so that dictation will stay on indefinitely, and it will only stop when you give it a stop command? Or, if you can't keep it on indefinitely, can you increase the amount of time it hears nothing before it will automatically stop?

Thanks

Andrew

:)

Andrew1492, Jul 13, 2018

2. Easy Dictation Into Windows 10 eMail?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Microphone/ Cortana to dictate the mails.

What is the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to search for the latest drivers for your device from the Microsoft website, try to download all the updates and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?

1. Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it? - Similar Threads - leave dictation indefinitely

2. How can you stop following a question on a problem once you started?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you stop following a question on a problem once you started?: I have been following a Windows 11 issue for a long time - it has not been resolved, but I am over it and don't want anymore emails. How do I stop receiving them....
  3. How can you stop following a question on a problem once you started?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you stop following a question on a problem once you started?: I have been following a Windows 11 issue for a long time - it has not been resolved, but I am over it and don't want anymore emails. How do I stop receiving them....
  4. If you can't leave family group below 13 but can above 13 then can you leave the family...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you can't leave family group below 13 but can above 13 then can you leave the family...: I been seeing this a long time about someone leaving Microsoft family safety above 13 but CAN YOU leave the family group when you are 13? I am twelve waiting to be 13 so that I can use social media....
  5. If you can't leave family group below 13 but can above 13 then can you leave the family...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If you can't leave family group below 13 but can above 13 then can you leave the family...: I been seeing this a long time about someone leaving Microsoft family safety above 13 but CAN YOU leave the family group when you are 13? I am twelve waiting to be 13 so that I can use social media....
  6. email address hacking can you stop it and if you are given an email address can you find...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email address hacking can you stop it and if you are given an email address can you find...: Hi this afternoon I receaved lots of emails from some one that had hack into a friends email account. can you trace it if they were using OUTLOOK...
  7. Can you stop auto update for GODSAKE!?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you stop auto update for GODSAKE!?!?!: Please I am begging you, don't auto update my machine. Update screw up my laptop so hard. I cry alot when it happens. So please stop or give me an proper way to disable update for good....
  8. Can you please stop assuming things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you please stop assuming things: Dear Microsoft, Is it possible that you can stop assuming that everyone must stop doing everything to install your updates. I get it, you guys built a product and you want people to be protected. However, there are a few of us that use a computer during specific times, and...
  9. Can you go back to Windows 10 later if you downgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you go back to Windows 10 later if you downgrade?: Suppose you have upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1. You then downgrade back to 8.1. Would be able to reupgrade to windows 10 after that? What about after july 29th? 57646
  10. Pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page"

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page": I keep getting this when using IE, how can I get rid of ths please 41636