Windows 10: Can You Prevent Windows from Going Off Screen

Discus and support Can You Prevent Windows from Going Off Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any way to force windows to not allow a window to partially go off the screen? With a large display and high resolution I have no need for a window to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 26, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Can You Prevent Windows from Going Off Screen

Any way to force windows to not allow a window to partially go off the screen? With a large display and high resolution I have no need for a window to "overflow" off the display.

:)

LT2000, Aug 26, 2015
  2. DonTolson Win User

How can I prevent the screen from switch off while using Bing turn by turn navigation?

I'm not aware of a parameter within Bing which could disable the normal screen time-out. Other apps have that ability as a parameter within their operation tho.

Maybe this would be a good suggestion for an enhancement to Bing Turn-by-Turn???

DonTolson, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Ha.Le Win User
    How can I prevent the screen from switch off while using Bing turn by turn navigation?

Hi am using Samsung Omnia 7 and when I use Bing turn by turn navigation the screen will turn off after not getting touch for 1 min (normal in other apps). How can i prevent that?

Thanks in advance,
    Ha Le

Ha.Le, Aug 26, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Let me guess. You are using an HDTV flat screen. What you are experiencing is called Overscan. You need to make the changes in the software for your Graphics card/chip.

bro67, Aug 26, 2015
  5. LT2000 Win User
    No, that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about how you can move parts of a window off the display. For example, If I grab the top of the window and drag it down, I can nearly all of it disappear.

LT2000, Aug 26, 2015
  6. logicearth, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    This is the absolute funniest post I have ever read in an internet forum. You must have watched too much Groucho Marx as a kid.

Rocky, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Thanks a lot man, I had forwarded that post to several of my friends. I have to say thank you, you have made several people laugh today and begin their days with a smile. Thanks again for that timeless humor.

Rocky, Aug 26, 2015
  9. Rocky Win User
    This is a true story. I am a security guard that works at a large warehouse. One night this guy comes to my office and tells me that there is an unsafe motor in the warehouse. When I went out to investigate he indicated a fan motor that was near his workstation was unsafe. I asked him what was wrong with it and he said that when ever he touches it, it burns him. I told him to quit touching it. Case solved.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can You Prevent Windows from Going Off Screen - Similar Threads - Prevent Going Off

2. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  3. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  4. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. screen not going off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  6. screen not going off

screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  7. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording: Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my...
  8. app preventing windows from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app preventing windows from going to sleep: hi all, i use an app called ISPY to monitor cameras on my cctv dvr, now the problem is, this app is meant to be used as a server. I don't use it as such and would like to disable the ability it has to not let the PC sleep. is there a way I can disable "wake" for some app and...
  9. Can you prevent a "mic" your listening to from muting when turned off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you prevent a "mic" your listening to from muting when turned off?: I've got a TV hooked up to the mic jack on my computer so that i can listen to it through my headphones. Every time i turn the TV off windows mutes it. I have to go into the sound control panel and unmute it from there every time i turn it on, is there anyway i can stop it...
  10. Can you prevent a windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you prevent a windows 10 update?: Is there a way to prevent an update from happening for windows 10, specifically version 1903? About two months ago, I tried updating windows 10 was at an old version for a while, thinking it would improve my computer's performance. After the stressful process, it seemed to...