Windows 10: can you shut off Cortana following recent changes?

Discus and support can you shut off Cortana following recent changes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Earlier you could just turn it off and it was pretty easy. Now Windows just downloaded some updates and it's displaying again and even though I have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ironfist, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

can you shut off Cortana following recent changes?

Earlier you could just turn it off and it was pretty easy. Now Windows just downloaded some updates and it's displaying again and even though I have it set to not collect data about me, the box still appears at the bottom, the microphone icon is there and the logo is there. When ic lick on it, instead of seeing windows search, I see this program. How do I get it like it was previous to the current install?

:)

ironfist, Aug 22, 2016
  2. DGXO Win User

Cortana on windows 10

Can you shut the Cortana feature off completely?

3. Shutting off Cortana

I forgot they got rid of that slider. Just turn off all the sliders that you do find there and go into your Privacy settings and make sure they are off as well.

With those settings I've never had Cortana bother me.

IJustHelping, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. can you shut off Cortana following recent changes? - Similar Threads - shut off Cortana

2. My gateway laptop recently started shutting off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gateway laptop recently started shutting off.: This started happening about two days ago. Where the laptop will just shut off completely. Battery is charged, it's not running hot. It continues to do this.I tried resetting the pc, still seems to be an issue. It was fine until the last windows 11 update....
  3. My gateway laptop recently started shutting off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gateway laptop recently started shutting off.: This started happening about two days ago. Where the laptop will just shut off completely. Battery is charged, it's not running hot. It continues to do this.I tried resetting the pc, still seems to be an issue. It was fine until the last windows 11 update....
  4. How can I shut off Cortana completely

in Cortana
    How can I shut off Cortana completely: I don't want to use Cortana nor Edge. I shut them off but they must be running because when I clean my temporary files there are plenty of temporary files being produced. What if I used Regedit and deleted every file named Edge and Cortana....
  5. Cortana shuts off before I can get my question out.

in Cortana
    Cortana shuts off before I can get my question out.: So when I say hey Cortana she comes up but immediately shuts down before I can even ask a question. I'm not sure what to try to get her back to answering my questions....
  6. How do I shut off Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I shut off Cortana?: I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-cortana/af7a879b-935c-40e8-9ed9-c0dd49a423da
  7. Twitter changes number of accounts you can follow each day to 400

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter changes number of accounts you can follow each day to 400: Follow, unfollow, follow, unfollow. Who does that? Spammers. So we’re changing the number of accounts you can follow each day from 1,000 to 400. Don’t worry, you’ll be just fine. Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 130441
  8. Recently, you changed your subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently, you changed your subscription: Hi over recent days I have had 3 emails suggesting that we have changed our subscription from 13-14-15 subscriptions. We appear to have at least 5 names I don't recognise how do you find out what or who they are?...
  9. How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

How do I shut off the Cortana displays?: [img] 62435
  10. Shutting Off Cortana

Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561