Windows 10: Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?

Discus and support Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im building a new pc and i was wondering if i could use a windows 7 product key to activate the windows 10 of the new pc. We have no intention to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasWellman, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?

Im building a new pc and i was wondering if i could use a windows 7 product key to activate the windows 10 of the new pc. We have no intention to upgrade the existing pc and this would save me some money.

:)

NicholasWellman, Jul 7, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 7, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 7, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?

Futuremark Releases Powermark Battery Life Test for Windows 7 Devices

Futuremark, the world leader in performance benchmarking software and services, today expanded its product line with Powermark a new battery life and power consumption test for Windows 7 notebooks, laptops, tablets and other battery powered devices. Powermark is a professional grade benchmark designed for industrial testing of battery powered Windows 7 devices by OEMs, corporations and governments. It includes a convenient set of standard tests based on productivity and entertainment use-case scenarios, as well as allowing custom settings for bespoke testing requirements. Powermark Professional Edition commercial licenses start at $200 for 10 activations. For further details and to purchase Powermark please visit this page.

Jukka Mäkinen, CEO of Futuremark said, "Battery life is critical to delivering a positive user experience. Powermark helps PC industry OEMs and their suppliers strike a balance between performance and power consumption by providing a consistent, accurate and reliable testing and measurement tool created with Futuremark’s deep experience in quality benchmarking software."

Powermark - battery life test for Windows 7 devices from Futuremark:
    • Accurately measure the battery life of Windows 7 devices.
    • Choose convenient scenario tests or create your own custom settings.
    • Designed for professional test lab environments.
    • Licensed for commercial use.
    Powermark is only available for business customers at this time.

btarunr, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?

1. Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10? - Similar Threads - device’s key activate

2. Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?: I know you can't go from W10 to W10 on another device, but if you haven't upgraded to Windows 11 on the old device, can you do this, or do you have to request a new one? I'm going from one laptop to another with a blank SSD....
  3. Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?: I know you can't go from W10 to W10 on another device, but if you haven't upgraded to Windows 11 on the old device, can you do this, or do you have to request a new one? I'm going from one laptop to another with a blank SSD....
  4. Can I activate Windows 10 on a new device with a product key I used on an old PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I activate Windows 10 on a new device with a product key I used on an old PC?: Note: I used Command Prompt to Uninstall the product key from the old PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-on-a-new-device-with-a/4d44ee4c-0792-4ef3-9f6d-83c7a3e1c147
  5. Can you activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Product Key?

Can you activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 Product Key?: I know it is a silly question to ask, but can I do that? Because I have an old PC from 2009 with Windows 7 and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10....
  6. Windows activation key used on another device

Windows activation key used on another device: I recently installed windows 10 on a virtual machine, and used my activation key on it and it worked fine. I then deleted it, made another, activated windows and it r was fine. I libked it with an ms account, and then I deleted the vm. Now, on the new one, it says i am using...
  7. windows 10 activation new device

windows 10 activation new device: hi, I'm struggling to activate windows 10 on a new laptop device please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-new-device/13e3f89e-8139-43e0-82b6-7d9c61c4c638
  8. Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK

in Windows 10 News
    Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK: [ATTACH]This post will interest businesses, organizations, and enterprises with Volume License (VL) subscriptions, who are migrating from Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise to Windows 10, […] This article Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK first...
  9. Windows 10 activation on new device

Windows 10 activation on new device: So i bought a new device and would like to use the old windows key to activate it, yes i checked an i can do that with my key. how exactly do i remove it from my old device so it can be used in the new one?...
  10. Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key: Hi, I recently bought a new computer, and I am trying to migrate from my old computer to this new one. I own a copy of Windows 10 Education Edition, registered with my Microsoft account, but I lost the product key. I installed the appropriate Windows version on my new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If a device uses windows 7 can it be used for windows 10