Windows 10: Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app?

Discus and support Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Store and Weather apps are both randomly opening up on my Surface Pro 3. Is there a way I can check the event log (or something similar) to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlueBomber, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app?

The Store and Weather apps are both randomly opening up on my Surface Pro 3.

Is there a way I can check the event log (or something similar) to see why this is happening and what is causing it?

:)

BlueBomber, Nov 22, 2016

2. Start Menu, Cortana, right clicking programs in taskbar, brightness, audio and more all stop working at once

I know how to open it... but I don't know what log you want to see.

Application log, security log, setup log, system log, forwarded events log, administrative events log, hardware events log, etc.

Which one?

markman641, Nov 22, 2016
  3. OPenGL Error my System

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error message you are receiving?

I suggest you to provide us the Event Viewer which helps us isolate the issue.

Open Event Viewer in Windows and check the System logs. Check for any errors logged in there against the system crashes. Refer the steps below:

• Go to the Start Screen.

• Type in Event Viewer. This will bring up the Event Viewer box.

• Click to open the event viewer.

• In the left pane, expand out WindowsLogs.

• Click on Application log. Highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down.
    Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see a red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app?

Hi, Sysinternals Procmon should give you a clue. (free, just search for it, download, run).
    In the following I started 3D Builder

Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app? [​IMG]

I stopped the capture (File, Capture Events), then searched for Builder (Edit, Find).
    The first occurrence is highlighted - Builder is in the very long right-most string.
    You can see more following.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2016
Thema:

Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app?

1. Can you use the event log to see what is opening a UWP app? - Similar Threads - event log opening

2. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?: Hmm. Use my home PC and when I log in to a work expenses app it uses single sign on to allow me to access it.Strangely I find that if I do search in bottom left it comes up as my employers name in the banner.Anyway, I click on manage accounts and I can see my work login there...
  3. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?: Hmm. Use my home PC and when I log in to a work expenses app it uses single sign on to allow me to access it.Strangely I find that if I do search in bottom left it comes up as my employers name in the banner.Anyway, I click on manage accounts and I can see my work login there...
  4. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. UWP app crash immediately after opening with Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Event Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app crash immediately after opening with Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Event Log: Hi all, I have developed a UWP app and uploaded it to Windows Store. Everything was working perfectly fine until I created a new self-signing certificate after the previous one expired and re-published the new changes to the store. The application after downloading and...
  6. UWP app crash immediately after opening with Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Event Log

UWP app crash immediately after opening with Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Event Log: Hi all, I have developed a UWP app and uploaded it to Windows Store. Everything was working perfectly fine until I created a new self-signing certificate after the previous one expired and re-published the new changes to the store. The application after downloading and...
  7. UWP app crash immediately after opening with Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Event Log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. uwp apps not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uwp apps not opening: most of the universal windows platform apps windows store apps won't open on my pc for some reason, though system apps such as quick assist, windows defender, settings, and windows sandbox do open. is there a reason this happens and a fix for this issue? video demonstration:...
  9. can you help with this event log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can you help with this event log?: Hello All, My Pc some time bluescreen and then reboot. I can not get the reason. i reinstall OS many times, it annoys me a lot. any idea is appreaciated! below is the event log : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahxl0DeDKyChiJA8M4PBGmf_INqPXQ?e=ebYyPi Thanks a lot...
  10. UWP Apps not opening

UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...