Windows 10: canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

Discus and support canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukePW, Jul 16, 2018.

1. LukePW Win User

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this layout. Will this be resolved??

Thanks,

Luke

:)

LukePW, Jul 16, 2018

2. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right

Hi,

Windows keyboard layouts differ greatly. Based on your description, you are currently using
    Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard layout. The setting that you are looking for may be for the
    Canadian French keyboard layout. To make sure, and to give you more information about
    Microsoft Windows keyboard layouts, you can click on the link below:

Windows Keyboard Layouts

Cheers.

Freddrick Pal, Jul 16, 2018
  3. mrchang Win User
    canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right

Hi,

I just bought a new windows 10 computer only to find out that the layout for french characters with accents is not right. As an example, on other computers, to get "è" i had to click on e and on the key with the accent on the same time, now, è appears simply
    by clicking on the accent symbol.

The layout for the special characters also seem to have changed, but I don't want that, how to fix it? and restore to the normal configuration.

I'm using canadian French(canada) canadian multilingual standard configuration and an lenovo laptop if that matters.

thank you

mrchang, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

I CANNOT HAVE THE Canadian Multilingual KEYBOARD LAYOUT

Hi Etienne,

For us to help you change into Canadian Multilingual Keyboard, we'd like to ask a few questions. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message as you try to switch to Canadian Multilingual Standard?
    • Have you tried removing and adding back the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout?
    • Is this also happening on a different user account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2) - Similar Threads - canadian multilingual french

2. How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 that is supplied by the school. Without the French Canada language pack, it only gives me two keyboards, a US keyboard and a Canadian French keyboard. But, when I add the French Canada language, it adds a third keyboard, which is Canadian...
  3. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  4. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  5. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  6. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  7. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...
  8. Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.: Hi I'm using the "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard layout on a Windows 10 machine. I need Right Ctrl key to type ligatures æ shortcut: Right Ctrl + a and œ shortcut: Right Ctrl + e, but that doesn't seem to work outside of Office 2019. Additional details: 1....
  9. Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key: I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard and find it extremely useful; however, it is too complicated to remember by heart. Your globalization page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/globalization/keyboards/kbdcan.html is supposed to display its functions, but doesn't;...
  10. canadian french keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Support
    canadian french keyboard missing: Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then I restarted, and there was windows updates. Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canadian multilingual keyboard windows 10

2. french canadian multilingual standard keyboard windows 10

3. windows type 2 canadian multilingualà

4. accents canadian multilingual,
  5. french canadian keyboard windows 10