Windows 10: Cancelling Win 10 Download

Discus and support Cancelling Win 10 Download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 7 . I signed up for the Win 10 upgrade , as I understood it would download , and then ask for confirmation before installing . It appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aviwil, Aug 9, 2015.

1. aviwil Win User

Cancelling Win 10 Download

I have Win 7 . I signed up for the Win 10 upgrade , as I understood it would download , and then ask for confirmation before installing . It appears that it will install straight after downloading - right ? My Win Update will always try to start downloading it ( and I then cancel it manually ) , even though I have unselected it from optional downloads , and selected only other important downloads . How do I get it to stop downloading Win 10 , and only do regular important downloads ?
    Thanks .

:)

aviwil, Aug 9, 2015
  2. AlTheys Win User

The Windows upgrade hangs up

I have this same screen. Win 10 wants to uninstall a backup program. I have stopped the Buffalo backup program. I have uninstalled the Buffalo backup program and removed the buffalo usb drive, I then rebooted and restarted the win 10 download. But Win 10
    stops again with same uninstall screen. Hitting the uninstall button causes hang forever on screen to uninstall with a REFRESH BUTTON.

If I cancel I get message that win 10 will resume if I restart. Is there any way to cancel and completely start download over?

Thank you

AlTheys, Aug 9, 2015
  3. want to stop windows 10 from downloading

I cancelled my reservation, but it STILL wants to download win 10 even though I uncheck the box. CLEARLY illegal.

SurvivalAdvisor, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Cancelling Win 10 Download

1. Cancelling Win 10 Download - Similar Threads - Cancelling Download

2. Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.: Went through every possible way to fix the Microsoft store. Just to be clear heres a list of troubleshooting that has NOT worked to fix my issue. 1. I recommend temporarily uninstalling or disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software you may have installed. These...
  3. Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.: Went through every possible way to fix the Microsoft store. Just to be clear heres a list of troubleshooting that has NOT worked to fix my issue. 1. I recommend temporarily uninstalling or disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software you may have installed. These...
  4. I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...: I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t canceling I’ve restarted the laptop and I’ve even shut it down but it’s still not canceling...
  5. I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...

I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...: I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t canceling I’ve restarted the laptop and I’ve even shut it down but it’s still not canceling...
  6. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel downloading of an update?: I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or...
  7. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

How do I cancel downloading of an update?: I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or...
  8. i want to cancel the download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to cancel the download: I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RAM ON MY PC ALL IN ONE HOW DO I CANCEL THE DOWNLOAD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-cancel-the-download/df8db38d-c8a9-4fb2-b06c-e1bc896b4194
  9. i want to cancel the download

i want to cancel the download: I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RAM ON MY PC ALL IN ONE HOW DO I CANCEL THE DOWNLOAD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-cancel-the-download/df8db38d-c8a9-4fb2-b06c-e1bc896b4194
  10. Can't cancel Windows 11 download

Can't cancel Windows 11 download: I just received a notifications that Windows 11 is being downloaded in my notebook. I accepted it? no. It asked me anything? no. Is there a button to cancel it? no. I don't want to be rude, but it's really disrespectful to force the users to use W11. I already contacted the...