Windows 10: Cannot access address book from Word 2007

Discus and support Cannot access address book from Word 2007 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When opening my address book in Word 2007 to copy in an address, I get the message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Montana, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Montana Win User

Cannot access address book from Word 2007

When opening my address book in Word 2007 to copy in an address, I get the message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.."

This has worked repeatedly in the past. I have no problem using the address book in Outlook and Outlook is the default mail client.

I recently installed the free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10, but cannot remember if the last time my address book worked correctly was before or after I upgraded.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Montana, Jan 31, 2016
  2. jrowla Win User

How to remove the icons from the Start menu.

I have set up my email Outlook 2007 on a tile along with Word and Excel. The problem I'm having with Outlook, after I read the email and delete it or I just close it, Outlook closes and I have to reopen it to continue reading my email. Is there a way around
    this?

If I want to email an article that I'm reading on Edge. How do I access my address book/contacts?

jrowla, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Failures of Windows 10

Failure 1. Unable to move photos because I am not the administrator - but I am shown as the Administrator.

Failure 2. Outlook Address Book/Contacts from Windows 7 missing. Unable to reconstitute an address book, because whilst I can save an address, it is not shown in the address book display.

Failure 3. Will not allow Word file saving to Documents - but asks if I want to save to Documents instead.

Failure 4. JPG photos not copied because they are not JPEG.

Failure 5. All explanations to resolve missing Address Book/Contacts on MS sourced help do not work - either because the explanations are complete gibberish, or the file to be accessed does not exist. I do not have a C Windows.old\Users\username\AppData\local\MS\Outlook
    folder. I cannot find a folder for Contacts because it is not explained how and where to find it.

Failure 6. The system is slow.

SimonCracknell, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Montana Win User

The Resolution shown on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/905421 solved my problem. The instructions are for a different version of Windows, but it not hard to translate it to Windows 10.

I set Outlook to be the default for all files it could open, and my problem was solved.

Montana, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot access address book from Word 2007 - Similar Threads - Cannot access address

2. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with emailing from Word 2007.: Hi,I have a laptop which I use for all my Word/Excel documents. It is running Windows 10 and Word/Excel 2007.I have the default mail app set to the Win10 "Mail" app.However if I try to email a document from within Word, it will fail because it actually fires up Windows Live...
  3. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with emailing from Word 2007.: Hi,I have a laptop which I use for all my Word/Excel documents. It is running Windows 10 and Word/Excel 2007.I have the default mail app set to the Win10 "Mail" app.However if I try to email a document from within Word, it will fail because it actually fires up Windows Live...
  4. Problems with emailing from Word 2007.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. address book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book: does windows 10 come with a address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/b86fdc9a-6a3e-4f96-a35f-5345ac8eb6fb
  6. Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2007: Yes, I know it's no longer supported, but I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have actively removed a facility that used to work, namely, encryption. I can no longer find the facility within Word. The only place I see it mentioned is in the Properties of the Word file, where it is...
  7. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  8. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  9. Cannot change Word 2007 style

Cannot change Word 2007 style: When I open a template that has my heading and footer, and save it as a document, I cannot change style from Strong to Normal, I click Normal, nothing happens, Strong keeps highlighted. Template and document act the same way. Thanks, Luis. 27252
  10. Word 2007 configuration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 configuration: My OS is Windows 10 and my computer is an HP Lap Top series 15. I have MS Office2007 installed and all of a sudden when I open Word it wants to go through a reconfiguration process which takes about 45 seconds. It will do it every time. To try to repair I put in the Office CD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word cannot access address book