Windows 10: Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

Discus and support Cannot access both C: and D: Drives. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Regret, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Regret Win User

Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem to find any that works for me. I'm only using one account and its a Local(Administrator) account. It would be nice if someone knows how to give full free unhindered access to everything. Since this is my laptop and no one is going to ever use it except for me.

Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate.

Also start menu won't pop up.

:)

Regret, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Ian 94 Win User

Title says it all. Just upgraded from Win 7 and I've been trying to fix this for 3 hours now. I'm using only one account and its a Local(Administrator) Account. I activated the Main Administrator account and it had access to everything. That's what I want
    for my Local account. I've tried everything I can.

In Summary,

-I can't access both C: and D: Drives even though my account has Admin rights.

For the question, How do I grant full access to everything to my local account?

Ian 94, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

Hello,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community Forums.

Give permissions to the C and D drive and check.

a. Right click on C: or D: drive and select Properties.

b. Go to the Security tab.

c. Click on Advanced and in Permissions tab, click on
    Add.

d. Click on Select a principal and type Everyone
    in the box and press Enter.

e. Click on Full control and then press on OK.

f. Then in the C: drive properties, click on Edit.

g. Click on Add and then type Everyone and click on
    Full Control.

h. Press okay and close the C drive properties window.

Check if you are able to access C drive.

You may also refer to
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/2514966c-c4f5-4619-a422-4ebeda5fcb36

Also, refer to this article: "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders”
    in this link, this would help you to take ownership of the drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, please reply, we will be glad to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Try setting up a new user account with administrative privileges.

Snakeyes, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives. - Similar Threads - Cannot access both

2. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  3. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  4. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, I wanted to clean my pc so i decided to reset it, removing personal files along it. But after resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive,...
  5. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  6. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  7. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  9. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives: ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black screens of death and trying everything to get past it. Anyway, I have tried Macrium, Aomei and Acronis using the usb media recovery...
  10. Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.: While looking in my system files, I saw that my storage space was low, I went to disk management and took some Unallocated space out of my D drive Unused While I was trying to merge them, I realized that the button was only able to fill the D drive, My C drive was the OS one,...