Windows 10: Cannot access my desktop after windows 10 update

Discus and support Cannot access my desktop after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the error.. Please assist me resolve this issue Error: C:\USERS\C:\Users\user\DESKTOP is not accessible. The file, directory name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Da monto, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Da monto Win User

Cannot access my desktop after windows 10 update

This is the error.. Please assist me resolve this issue

Error: C:\USERS\C:\Users\user\DESKTOP is not accessible.

The file, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

:)

Da monto, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 28, 2018
  4. trparky Win User

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot access my desktop after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cannot access desktop

2. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  3. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  4. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updated everything but cannot access desktop Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Updated everything but cannot access desktop Windows 10: I just updated my Windows 10 and when I restarted it redirected to a log-in page wherein I need to select an account and log into it. I've tried to enter my password in and I also reset my password, but to no avail, it kept saying that my password is incorrect and that I...
  6. Updated everything but cannot access desktop Windows 10

Updated everything but cannot access desktop Windows 10: I just updated my Windows 10 and when I restarted it redirected to a log-in page wherein I need to select an account and log into it. I've tried to enter my password in and I also reset my password, but to no avail, it kept saying that my password is incorrect and that I...
  7. Cannot access account after windows 10 update

Cannot access account after windows 10 update: [IMG] Hello, I cannot login to my account after a windows 10 update. There is no space given to type my password. When I click sign in it acts like it's going to load but then quickly stops and goes to the screensaver. Please help! Thanks in advance!...
  8. Windows cannot access \\Desktop....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\Desktop....: I installed a new drive through a usb port. I went into properties and set up shared access like all my other shared drives. Except I cannot access it through my other computers like I can with other drives on that computer. I get the "windows cannot access \\...you do not...
  9. Windows cannot access Desktop & Documents on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access Desktop & Documents on Windows 10: Hello Guys! I am using genuine Windows 10 OS connected to our office server. Since Thursday, I am receiving the following error on my screen. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.1\Usersdata\abid.rahimi\Desktop You do not have...
  10. Cannot access desktop etc after Windows 10 update

Cannot access desktop etc after Windows 10 update: Instead, I am asked for a password which I have never required before. The password issued on purchase of the PC 2 years ago is not recognised. I have now accessed my Microsoft account via a different tablet, renewed the password, but that is not accepted by the updated...