Windows 10: Cannot Access The Windows 10 Upgrade Pages From MS

Discus and support Cannot Access The Windows 10 Upgrade Pages From MS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been following these forums steadily over the past week and have not had to post, b/c have always been able to find what I was looking for, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lambert58, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Lambert58 Win User

Cannot Access The Windows 10 Upgrade Pages From MS

I have been following these forums steadily over the past week and have not had to post, b/c have always been able to find what I was looking for, this is an amazing resource.

OK, had to get that out there,
    My issue, All the links to the MS Windows 10 seem to be down, yet I don't see any info on this anywhere, making me think it is me. I have tried to link directly through MS, through their MCT and TechBench. Even the links from Ten Forums, all I get is a white page.

No, I am not downloading multiple copies, Yes, I have d/l ONE copy from TechBench both Win 10 Pro, both the 32 and 54, and One Pro with MCT which I used to fix my original issue with the tutorials here on how to use sfc /scannow and Diam, and and in session repair. Took a but, but I did it.

I'm not the most computer savvy, not the least, enough to get me into bigger holes it seems at times.
    Anyway, any info or ideas on the blank pages?
    I have restarted and in case it was a browser issue, same results.

:)

Lambert58, Jul 23, 2016

2. Activation gone south

I purchased Win 8 directly from MS. I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Win 10. Now it tells me my key is not good. I was on the MS chat, as soon as I told him my problem, he forwarded me back to the page that I started from. I really cannot go back
    to the retailer that sold me Win 8 because it was MS.

On top of that I lost my WiFi, I now am running a 25' Cat 6 cable through the house on the floor. I also cannot access my programs because the Windows icon does not work. I am not happy with Win 10.

jimghunter1950, Jul 23, 2016
  3. How do I activate Windows 10?

What a simplistic answer. I purchased Win 8 directly from MS. I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Win 10. Now it tells me my key is not good. I was on the MS chat, as soon as I told him my problem, he forwarded me back to the page that I started from.
    I really cannot go back to the retailer that sold me Win 8 because it was MS.

On top of that I lost my WiFi, I now am running a 25' Cat 6 cable through the house on the floor. I also cannot access my programs because the Windows icon does not work. I am not happy with Win 10.

jimghunter1950, Jul 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Lambert, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The links in the tutorial below are currently working for me if you wanted to try them again. Do you have any add-ons or extensions installed in your browser that may be blocking or causing issue with this?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

If you still can't get them to work, then here's the Media Creation Tool from OPTION TWO above in a ZIP file below for you if you still need it.

Attachment 91814

Brink, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Lambert58 Win User
    I just did a hard restart since I placed the post.
    I have tried that link numerous time successfully, just stopped about an hour or more ago. I just tried from your post and still goit the white screen.
    Yes, I have used the links many times, but only ever downloaded as I said above. I am one of those that I have to read and reread several time and views before I jump.
    My goal, I think I finally decided on,is to use Rufus to create a bootable USB for future loss protection.

I do have the TechBench x64, so, I'm not desperate, but I went there to check the current version and to see if there was any new info. I cannot even get to the page where the downloads are, yet I can get to other pages in MS, and everywhere else. I was thinking maybe the servers may be overwhelmed since it's getting close to D-Day, 7/29.

Lambert58, Jul 23, 2016
  6. Lambert58 Win User
    just back from MS, and techbench. Attempted D/L, then it says to hit the D/L button, yet no D/L button is visible. Maybe b/c I already d/l them, yet thins has not occurred previously, yet I have not tried to D/L, but I cannot get to the pages I was at previously. Odd?

Lambert58, Jul 23, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    By chance, do you have a 3rd party download manager program installed?

I had "Internet Download Manager" installed, and it caused the same thing for me until I uninstalled it.

Brink, Jul 23, 2016
  8. Lambert58 Win User

Just very odd, I do have a d/l but it's working, or, sounds like you said yours had been working, then stopped for a bit, maybe the traffic.
    I'm just glad they didn't stop it all early.
    But, amazing information here, I come here first, even before the MS forums, MANY thanks to all who contribute!
    If anyone else is having this issue it would be interesting to know.
    I think I am going to try to create the bootable vers tonight, that's for another thread though.....And I learned about Rufus from here as well.
    I may be able to become a mod after all of the tutorials and threads I have read, just one that maybe directs folks to the appropriate thread, and all the copy/paste has eaten up my memory, need to purchase more, thats a lot of copy / paste too.

Lambert58, Jul 23, 2016
  9. I'm giving the Tech Bench link a try now. It says 10 minute's to D/L single language 10/ 64 bit.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 23, 2016
  10. OK its finished in about 8 minute's with no problem's at all.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 23, 2016
  11. BRU
    bru Win User
    Don't overcomplicate it. I upgraded two laptops (one Win7 one Win8.1) in the last two days and am about to do my desktop. Easy as pie with the MCT.

12. Lambert58 Win User
    Well, I just checked the d/l link provided by Brink, and Shazam, it started up, I immediately shut it down, caught off guard. I sure do not want to overcomplicate this, just want to make a bootable USB stich so I can have as a just in case. My understanding was that Rufus was the way to go, maybe I should just give it a wip with the MCT. MCT worked for the image I used to repair my issue. For some reason, it's very late for me now, I thought there was issue doing this with mct, it wont capture UEFI? I need to dbl check on that.
    So, not sure why I couldn't access earlier, but, I can now.
    Whoop-Whoop!

Lambert58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Access The Windows 10 Upgrade Pages From MS - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Upgrade

2. Cannot access order details page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot access order details page: I have bought a Windows 10 Pro licence in Microsoft store, but when I'm clicking on the order in "Orders journal" I'm redirecting to page that says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  3. Cannot access order details page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access order details page: I have bought a Windows 10 Pro licence in Microsoft store, but when I'm clicking on the order in "Orders journal" I'm redirecting to page that says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  4. Cannot access review page in stores from Windows UWP App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access review page in stores from Windows UWP App: I have a problem in accessing the review page of Microsoft Stores from my UWP App. I have found this link which tells how to do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/monetize/request-ratings-and-reviewsThe code above is taken from Microsoft Documents in the link....
  5. Cannot access review page in stores from Windows UWP App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access review page in stores from Windows UWP App: I have a problem in accessing the review page of Microsoft Stores from my UWP App. I have found this link which tells how to do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/monetize/request-ratings-and-reviewsThe code above is taken from Microsoft Documents in the link....
  6. Cannot access Windows 11 after upgrading from 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Windows 11 after upgrading from 10.: Display on login screen indicates PIN gone and Windows not let me go to other screensBut ones that says try resetting PIN or use Password. The Pin reset does not allow access to other screens and Password screens indicate my passwords are not correctIs It better to try some...
  7. Cannot access Windows 11 after upgrading from 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Windows 11 after upgrading from 10.: Display on login screen indicates PIN gone and Windows not let me go to other screensBut ones that says try resetting PIN or use Password. The Pin reset does not allow access to other screens and Password screens indicate my passwords are not correctIs It better to try some...
  8. Windows 10 cannot access web pages but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot access web pages but connected to the internet: If someone has a problem regarding this in 2020 I found the solution. Remember when did the problem started and also what where you installing at the time. In my case was a antivirus called kaspersky, a few hours later i started noticing the problem. Right when i...
  9. upgrade from MS 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from MS 8.1 to 10: upgrade from MS 8.1 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-ms-81-to-10/88f69912-5931-4609-a5fa-a92110025c43
  10. After upgrade to Windows 10 1809, printing from MS Access result in a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrade to Windows 10 1809, printing from MS Access result in a BSOD: Hello, After upgrading Windows 10 pc's from 1803 to 1809, colleagues began to print from MS Access which result in a Windows Stop Error (BSOD) Stopcode: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kfull.sys. Returning back to Windows 10 1803 solved the problem. Is there a fix available?...